What reconstructor do you use with your relaxer?

avyance

I am thinking of trying some of the tips I have read about rinsing out the relaxer and then applying the reconstructor before neutralizing.

So my question is, what reconstructor do you use as part of your relaxing regimine?

Thanks!!

I use Vitale Positive Conditioner. It is designed for the before poo use. I've heard of others using Aphogee 2 Min. Reconstructor with great success.

My stylist uses a regular ole conditioner on my hair after she rinses out the relaxer, and then she shampoos my hair with a neutralizing shampoo.

tenderheaded said:
I use Vitale Positive Conditioner. It is designed for the before poo use. I've heard of others using Aphogee 2 Min. Reconstructor with great success.

I use this one also.

toosexy1 said:
what does it do? as in using a reconstructor before neutralizing?

I do this according to the instructions of my relaxer. Apparently while the cuticle is open, before neutralizing, the conditioner absorb into the hair easily. Not sure if this is any better than deep conditioning under a some dryer, but I enjoy doing it this way.

toosexy1 said:
what does it do? as in using a reconstructor before neutralizing?

Adding to HoneyDew's explanation...a reconstructor containing protein puts the protein back into the hair cuticle that were lost or broken down during the relaxing process.

I've used Aphogee 2 min Keratin, I currently use Nexxus Keraphix.

In the past I have used

Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor (Im gonna assume this is the 2 minute one everyone talks about)
CPR
and Generic Joico K-Pac
Next I might try the Ion Reconstructor, I love that one, dont even know why I strayed!

Back