What Products Should I Use On Braids

Tanji

I have been transitioning for the past five months and just got my hair braided. What products should I be using on my hair? Should I still moisturize and seal or apply a leaving in conditioner? Ladies, please give tips if you can. If there has already been a post about this, please let me know what it is. Thanks for your help.

It depends on the size of your braids. If the braids are small, you have to lighten up on the oils or your braids will slip. Larger braids can take both moisture and oils. I am always pushing World's of Curl for moisture and either braid sheen (for light oiling) or almond oil (for something heavier).

It depends on the size of your braids. If the braids are small, you have to lighten up on the oils or your braids will slip. Larger braids can take both moisture and oils. I am always pushing World's of Curl for moisture and either braid sheen (for light oiling) or almond oil (for something heavier).
Thanks ladies for your advice. The braids are not micro braids, but they aren't that large and there are a lot of them. I love them because I can put them in a bun or curl the ends. I just want to make sure that I am using product that doesn't cake too much. Keep the advice coming!!! Thanks again.

I use African Royale Braid spray or a homemade concoction of aloe vera, distilled water, rose water SAA's & conditioner.
I've never used a leave-in with extension braids....I just spray them with the moisturizer after washing.....and I've never sealed or used oils....except directly on my scalp.
You can also condition them with a diluted conditioner and leave it on for a while to DC.

I'm currently in braids and I use Tahlia Waajid protective mist bodifier. I got it at my local BSS. It works really great and it moisturizes my hair pretty well. This is my first time using it for braids. I like it better than oyin greg juice :)

I'm currently in braids and I use Tahlia Waajid protective mist bodifier. I got it at my local BSS. It works really great and it moisturizes my hair pretty well. This is my first time using it for braids. I like it better than oyin greg juice :)

What are the ingredients in this? TIA!

I too am in braids right now and I use: Bt about 3 times a week, Lenzi's once or twice and infusium Leave in, Nexuss, Or Aussie spray leave ins. I love Aussies smell!!! But if I wash them and want a deep condish I put Pantene Moisture something mixed with a little water enought to saturate them the scalp and shaft....And go to sleep then Ill just wake up and have someone help me rinse it out and let them air dry.....SUUUPPPEERRR moisturized from this and no product buildup

What are the ingredients in this? TIA!

Here are the ingredients:

Pure Distilled Water, Wheat Germ, Indian Hemp, Olive Oil, Balsam, Aloe Vera, Bee Pollen, Silk Protein, Bay Laurel, Fruit Bioflavanoids, Ancient African Herbal Formula

It's all natural and it makes hair really soft. Keeps my braids moisturized for days and it's easy on the pockets :D

you can read about it here

protective mist bodifier

also here

protective mist bodifier (Taliah Waajid's official website)

check your local bss you should be able to find it.

I cowash with:
l-egyptian-henna-rinse.jpg

and spray avocado oil on each braid (starting a bit down on the braid).
I also spray jojoba oil on my scalp now and then.

Just rebraided after 4 weeks and my hair was smooth and moisterized.

I have been transitioning for the past five months and just got my hair braided. What products should I be using on my hair? Should I still moisturize and seal or apply a leaving in conditioner? Ladies, please give tips if you can. If there has already been a post about this, please let me know what it is. Thanks for your help.
I love to follow the regimen from the lady on "Grow Afro Hair Long" website. It really works. I use a braid spray that's not too heavy (I like "Better Braids" spray coz it has some anti-dandruff in there. And then a leave in conditioner on the ends of my real hair. I wash my hair with diluted shampoo once a week to remove build up, and use a diluted conditioner on it afterward, and rinse out in the shower.

Back