What Products Can I Use To Get A Good Braid Out...

NYCITY

I wanted to give my hair a rest from combing everyday and I was thinging about brading my hair so I can get texture. Has anyone ever done this and what products are best (leave-in). So my hair is left shiny and soft?

<font color="brown"> When I was doing braid-out and twist-outs(all last summer), I used my normal setting lotion and a pomade. After washing/conditioning my hair, I would apply my leave-in conditioner, oil, and diluted setting lotion (Elastic-i-tea by Organic Root Stimulator). Then I would let it airdry about 80%. Then I would section it, apply the pomade (Fantasia ICE, or Aveda Humectant) and braid/twist it (either cornrow/flat twist or individual braids/twists). I secured the ends with a very small roller. Once I completed my entire head, I would mist it with distilled water. I then either let it air dry or sat under a hooded dryer.

AngieK /images/graemlins/wink.gif</font>

<font color="blue">When you re-twist or braid do you wet again or has anyone done it dry? What's the result, is it better to do a rinse first and then attempt the twist out again?

I did my first twist-out on Saturday and I want to re-do it tonight, but I'm unsure of how to proceed. I think this is an excellent way to nix the heat! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TIA /images/graemlins/weird.gif
</font>

What I do is spray my hair with UBH Dew, then run a little curl activator through it and twist/braid it back up.

That seems to work fine for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm interested to hear what everyone else does, though...

Back