What Product Lines/companies Are You Moving Away From??

vevster

Conversely, what product lines are you moving towards?

Me--
I'm moving way from Camille Rose, Shea Moisture, Jane Carter

Moving towards:
Alikay Naturals, Mielle Organics, My Honey Child and Obia Naturals.....

I haven't tried a lot of stuff yet, but Alikay's moisturizing avocado conditoner is the best deep conditioner I have ever used! My hair was so soft!

Lines I'm moving towards to are
Mielle organics
APB
Camille Rose
Alikay Naturals (possibility)
SM (for their shampoos only)

Except for APB, the rest of the brands can be found on the ground which is what I'm heading towards in 2017.

Moving a way from: Any company that that isn't on my HG list and/or can't be found in stores (ie Target, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, BSS, etc)

**i moved away from a lot of new lines period. I'm just sticking with the lines I know work for me the most:
Shescentit
Curl Junkie
Karen's Body Beautiful
Tresemme
Eden Body Works

**i got tired of trying out all these new products and feeling meh about them. So i'm moving away from these:
Soultanicals
Sheamoisture
Herbal Essences [:crybaby:loved them when i was relaxed but as a natural my hair doesn't like anymore]
Hairveda

I'm moved away from
Afroveda, Alaffia's Everyday Shea/Everyday Coconut hair care, Amazon Rain/PuraBody Naturals, Bekura,
Black Earth Products/Taliah Waajid, Butters-n-Bars, Eden Bodyworks, Jane Carter Solutions, Jessicurl, LUSH cosmetics, Soultanicals, Tresemme, Wiseways Herbals, and most of Nubian Heritage/Shea Moisture hair care lines.

The reasons I've "left" are threefold.
1. The manufacturer has discontinued or reformulated my holy grail products.
2. My holy grail products have become scarce.
3. Manufacturer doesn't have jumbo sizes or are offered only online with high shipping charges.

I'm moved towards
Alikay Naturals, Apretol Canela y Romero (Dominican hair care line), Bobeam, Curl Junkie, Darcy's Botanicals, Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel hair care, Oyin Handmade, Qhemet Biologics Sunny Isle, Tropic Isle and DIY hair care (especially Ayurvedic & herbal treatments).

I'm considering
Anita Grant, Annabelle's Perfect Blends (APB), Brown Butter Beauty, Networks Excel-21, Henna Sooq and Shea Butter Cottage

Moving away from
Online exclusive products
Super cheap drugstore products (VO5, Suave)
Certain natural oils

Moving towards
Garnier Fructis
Herbal Essences
Oyin
Alikay Naturals

See-sawing
Shea Moisture products - The ones I love are holy grail and the ones I hate, I wouldn't even use on a rabid dog
Alikay Naturals - I had success with sample sizes but only used the entire line together. Would like to see if it works well with other stuff
Oyin

I'm moving away from pretty much everything. I've bought tons of stuff since starting my transition in 2007 and I'm over it.
I've given away much more stuff than I've kept.

Moving towards only buying staple products that I've found work for my hair:
Curl Junkie (not the stylers though)
Hair Rules curly whip (works the best on my hair to elongate curls)
Wetline gel (must use oil or leave-in underneath)
Chagrin Valley Ayurvedic Herb shampoo bars
Komaza Protein Treatment (although I love Curl Junkie Repair Me)

Even if I am moving away from a line, they may have key products I am sticking with... Like the Shea Moisture JBCO Leave In Conditioner. It made my hair look FAB.... the bests it has ever looked. I need to try it again this weekend.

Deva Curl products give my hair MOVEMENT..... which is nice....

Right now my current staple lines are:

Kerastase
Keracare
Redken
Annabelle's Perfect Blend
Naturelle Grow
She Scent It

I am moving away from Soultanicals, Camille Rose naturals, 4 Bella Naturale, Terrene fusions, and maybe Bel Nouvo, although their castor pudding and deep conditioner may stay in the rotation.

I do have some one-offs that are hard to let go.

I'm moving away from products that are geared towards natural hair. I find that I can't use most natural hair care products because they contain coconut oil, and my hair hates coconut oil.

My current staples are:
Redken All Soft shampoo
Redken One United
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
Oyin Juices and Berries
It's a 10 Miracle Daily Conditioner (as a leave-in)

I've been trying to go natural since 2005, and this go round is the nicest my hair has ever been.

@Bibliophile @shawnyblazes @Aggie
Nah ya'll know I can't do that.:nono:

Too hard to pick Winners & Losers.:nono2: "whos in, who's out"?

Honestly, I don't know right now?:look:

I need to know what's up with errrbody. :lol:

Imma let the Discounts guide my decisions in 2017.:twocents:

With all these posts about folks leaving the Natural/Handmades On-Lines alone.....vendors gone have to come correct.

A lot of these posts, folks are saying if it ain't OTG, they ain't buying......this is gone make 2017 very interesting.:scratchchin:

@rileypak
I'm really curious how this will all play out for the PJ's out here on these Skreets!:sekret:

I agree. It will be interesting to see how things play out in the upcoming year, especially since there are some, like myself, who prefer to shop exclusively online. Will vendors offer decent discounts and lower their shipping costs in order to attract more online consumers, like Inahsi did during BF? Or, will they cater to the OTG-er and focus on making deals with retailers to get their products into the stores? Will those pledging to adhere to OTG shopping stick to their word in the future? These questions and others will be answered in the next episode of As The PJ Turns.

I agree. It will be interesting to see how things play out in the upcoming year, especially since there are some, like myself, who prefer to shop exclusively online. Will vendors offer decent discounts and lower their shipping costs in order to attract more online consumers, like Inahsi did during BF? Or, will they cater to the OTG-er and focus on making deals with retailers to get their products into the stores? Will those pledging to adhere to OTG shopping stick to their word in the future? These questions and others will be answered in the next episode of As The PJ Turns.

:lachen:

I think im just over it. Ive been on here for almost 10 years. At one point u absolutely HAD to buy your natural hair products online. Now i can roll up to the bss store or target. While it was fun trying out new vendors online and racking up a stash. There is a lot of nuances that came with it. Relying on sales to purchase, bad shipping, long shipping, raising prices, formula changes, inconsistent formulas, etc. I got tired of it all after a while. Thats why im sticking to the staple online vendors and leaving the new ones and the rest in the dust.

Ive been rocking with SSI and Curl Junkie since they opened and ive always had consistent products and service from them. At one point I abadoned them to try out new companies that didnt perform as well. One day i just said why fix whats not broken.

online brands. Discounts dried up, brand dilution, breaking walls....
Let me stop because this isn't the thread for that :oops:
@rileypak
Alla' did right cherr. 2017 gone be sketchy out here on these skreets.:nervous2:

This is the reason I don't want my favs to go mainstream.:look:

Clawd the thought of the reformulation process of many of the handmade naturals to accommodate brick & mortars is frightening.:peek:

I'm okay, if they are in places like Hattache or Pampered & Twisted.

However, this may all work out in our favor. :scratchchin:

As @PJaye said, it could result in lower shipping and deeper discounts.

I'm okay, if they are in places like Hattache or Pampered & Twisted.

However, this may all work out in our favor. :scratchchin:

As @PJaye said, it could result in lower shipping and deeper discounts.

I'm also good with them going to one-stop shops like Hattache and CurlMart and similar places. It helps expose us to lots of other products or brands that wouldn't necessarily get traction otherwise. It still reaches masses they may not have reached otherwise.
But reformulation is my biggest fear!!! Clawd:nervous2:

I basically want all of us to have access to wonderful hair products. While I do understand the case for OTG, don't shun us diehard online folks. We help spread the word and move the product that gets you into OTG positioning.
Don't abandon us because "you made it" or make it increasingly difficult for us to continue online.

Back