What Not To EVER DO TO YOUR HAIR!!

Choclatcotton

Ok, I tried the famous TEA RINSE and the tea had pepper in it so my scalp was reallllly tingling, but prior to that I had clarified with BAKING SODAXXXXX RULE 1. Never ever follow a a baking soda shampoo clarifier with a TEA RINSE OR ACV!!! My hair texture started to disenegrate! I panicked :lachen:and threw some knock off Humectress on my hair and it revived! My curl pattern loosened up again WHew! then I rinsed :nono:

Rule #2 You add

I wash my hair with condish w/ baking soda, dc, then acv (very diluted). Everything's improved since I started that. Anything to do with the pepper maybe?

Otherwise, I will never allow my flat iron to touch my hair without checking the temp each and every pass (its cheap and the temp control is ill placed. can't wait to get a chi or something.)

Last edited:
Get a Dominican Blowout.
My Natural hair turned into a burnt mush, and is currently falling out in clumps.
I will never ever recommend it to anyone...ever!

Don't ever do anything to your hair without fully researching it first. That almost guarantees you will have a problem later.

Don't ever rely on another person telling you how to take care of your hair. Research, research, research. And be accountable for your hair.

Never relax your hair right after you take out braids. Wait at least a week or maybe 2. I learned the hard way.

If your hair is tangled detangle it before you wash it.

NEVER use a small tooth comb on dry hair.

Never wash n go without detangling for more than a week (fingers, comb, brush, whatever you use). I did this for like a month.....and i had locs in the middle of my hair.:lachen:

It hurt so bad trying to detangle that mess, and i lost alot of hair. :nono:

Ditto about the hairdressers. I just came back to the States on holidays and went to Aveda for hair colour. The hair dresser thought that it would be a good idea to put some conditioner on my hair for a wash and go as he expected the conditioner to act as a leave in. Big mistake that conditioner should have been washed out and when I got home I got clumps and of course some minor breakage. So, the lesson with the varying hair textures, porosity and density, black women must take charge of their hair and do not let anyone put anything in your hair unless you have done your research as the other ladies have said.

Best,
Almond Eyes

For me, it's NEVER EVER JUMP on bandwagons. Jumping on bandwagons too quick is like buying a just out hot new electronic. No real reviews (except from the seller, who is OBVIOUSLY trying to sell their products), and probably a lot of flaw in the system. Not to mention the jacked up pirce. Do your research, find out how the product works, figure out if that is what your hair needs, wait a while to see if it ACTUALLY WORKED for other people, weigh the pros and cons based off of reviews (saves you lots of $money$) and then decide if you want to buy it. I haven't had any really big setback because I don't throw my hair into the ringer too often with all the different techniques tried on here.

Neva EVA Ever! let someone you do not know, (and seems to not uderstand english) take your braids/twists down (extensions)......Especially if the 1st thing they grab for is scissors! SMDH! (yes, I walked out on this person & their salon, DEUCES!)

Baking soda is only allowed for cooking and cleaning, not for my hair or skin!! Never let a ahair dresser do my hair. Don't get lazy and be slack on the DC's. Don't itch your scalp and expect your relaxer to be ok, ... lol I learned that hard last month

Neva EVA Ever! let someone you do not know, (and seems to not uderstand english) take your braids/twists down (extensions)......Especially if the 1st thing they grab for is scissors! SMDH! (yes, I walked out on this person & their salon, DEUCES!)

I let some lady take down my braids. Long story short, she cut three inches out the middle of my hair. She didn't realize unlike many of her clients My hair was past my shoulders!!!! BIG SETBACK. :perplexed

that was over a year ago...

Always detangle before a wash and after you take down braids...Don't chair hop, if you find a good stylist stick with them. It's worth it...If you're doing a protein treatment always have a moisturizing con on hand just in case...

Never use a hot comb to take tangles out of your hair :(
Never flat iron or hot comb your hair if you have a lot of products already in it and haven't washed it in a while.
Never comb out your tangles from roots to tips
Never relax your hair from root to tip every time you are ready for a touch up
Never have a bunch of gel in your hair and two weeks later you switch up your style without washing it out.

I let some lady take down my braids. Long story short, she cut three inches out the middle of my hair. She didn't realize unlike many of her clients My hair was past my shoulders!!!! BIG SETBACK. :perplexed

that was over a year ago...

Happens all the time! Luckily I avoided it, and I now boycott these salons.

Back