WHAT???? NO.......I hope not!!!!!!

Mandy4610

I just realized that nearly all my hair products maybe expired!!!!!!!
I have alot of goodies and I really hope they are not expired, they have no expiration date, please tell me they are still ok????

Here is the list and how long I have had them:

Oyin burnt sugar - aprox 2yrs

Oyin juices and berries - 1 yr

Hairveda: almond glaze, whipped gelly, vatika frosting, shikakai oil, whipped cream-ends hydration - I have had these for aprox 11 months

Shescentit Banana Brulee - aprox 11 months

Qhemet: honeybush team soft gel, olive and honey hydrating balm, cocoa tree detangling ghee (this one I have had for aprox a yr and half or 2), burdock root butter cream, amla And olive heavy cream - I have had these for aprox 11 months.

Last edited:
If they're mostly blended oils and butters you'll know they're bad when the oils/butters smell rancid. There's no guessing about the rancid smell - it will choke you. So if they don't smell bad then they're still okay to use.

Have you kept them refridgerated?

If not then they may not be effective. My qhemet's Amla... and the burdock.... have had mine for almost a year and I have kept it in the fridge for the entire time, they still work fine. I still have a sample size of the Qhemet Olive cream (yes that old) and it no longer works ( I just tried it). I wont chuck it though I will just add a bit to my DC till its gone.

and I have some Oyin products (honey conditioner, the shine and define gel and the whipped pudding. I've have had this stuff for over a year and like the qhemets stuff have kept it in the fridge and I still use it peridocially to this day.

I would suggest leaving these products in the fridge in the future.

Last edited:
Co-signing on what Tiye and Myjourney2009 said.

I have the shescentit, hairveda and qhemet. I keep them in the fridge and pull them out when I start using them. They are then kept in a cool, dry place. No problems with anything separating or going rancid and the efficacy is not affected, either.

I've wondered this as well! My guess is, if anything it will just be less effective, as opposed to doing harm, I mean don't quote me on this, Im no Scientist! But, Thats why I curbed buying too many things at one time, in fear of not being able to use them quick enough!

Attachments

• open jar symbol.jpg
    open jar symbol.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks Ladies. Now why didn't I think about putting them in the fridge....smh!!!
They dohnt smell bad or look weird, so I guess I will continue to use them and see what happens?

Back