What makes natural curls pop

BeautifulNameX

This lady want to know what she can use to make her natural 3 something curls more defined she wants something that can be applied to wet hair

Denman brush (clumps curls and helps define them--best used on wet hair) followed by

IC Fantasia sparkelite gel

OR

Cantu shea butter leave in

RED FLAG:
do NOT use cantu with IC Fantasia (it causes a weird crazy white film--but they are great used alone or with different products)

wash oil rinse(finger comb)use a very creamy conditioner and comb through the hair(i use a comb brush)then rinse...

Denman brush (clumps curls and helps define them--best used on wet hair) followed by

OR

RED FLAG:
do NOT use cantu with IC Fantasia (it causes a weird crazy white film--but they are great used alone or with different products)

You are so right! I used cantu and Fantasia together and had a very sticky white residue in my hair. I will never use these two products together again.

Yeah, I did the cantu, IC gel combo and ended up looking like Grady in Sanford and Son.:lachen: I can laugh now because I didn't leave the house.:blush::rolleyes:

I tried all the things listed so far and none worked but:

NOODLE HEAD!

You can buy it at Sally's Beauty supply and it comes in an orange tube.

That is what I use and it definately works.

OR

RED FLAG:

I have heard so many great things about the denman brush. You're the fiftieth person to say great things and now I just gotta know is it something I have to order or can I get it at a BSS? Thanks alot!
Lil'MissSunshine

When you leave your hair alone and just moisturize it and seal, it seems that you don't have to do anything else. Once you get into a routine of leaving it alone, then I think that helps alot.

knot today and kinky-curly curling custard really defines my curls. www.kinky-curly.com

I ordered this on yesterday. I can't wait to see the results. I am looking for something that will help combat some of my shrinkage.

Also, on a side note, I tried Ecostyler Gel with Infusion Leave-In on today, this combo really helped my curls to pop and left my hair with less shrinkage than my Fantasia Gel. I also used the rake and smooth method which also may have attributed to more elongated curls.

Here i am back again lol.

Catwalk curls amplifier works well for my hair (4a/b)

or

Scurl texturizer gel works great too. It dries eventually lol.

What made my natural curl more defined was RedKen Clear Moisture. I just tried this for the first time this past friday and OMG I LOVED IT. I will most definitely buy it again.

Knot Today and Curling Custard all the way from Kinky Curly.

Fantasia IC close runner-up I just don't like the initial stickiness but does the same job for a cheaper price.

Redkins has a curl cream that really worked on my hair when it was shorter (my hair does funny things once it grows out, so most things work really good on my TWA:drunk:)

The smell is a little manish, but other than ythat it was the bomb!

Moisturizing conditioner as a leave-in (I love Giovanni Direct leave-in) and any light styling gel should do the trick, if you don't want to use heavier gels like fantasia. Examples I use and love are Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Hair Jelly (a little pricey) and much the much cheaper Aussie Tizz No Frizz.

Back