What made you decide to dye your hair permanently?

blasianbeauty

The reason I ask is because everytime I use a rinse (jet black by Beautiful Collections) it really doesn't last for more than two to three weeks max. Although rinses are supposed to be more healthy than using a permanent dye, it is getting to be too much high maintenance for me. If I decide to use a permanent black hair dye will it be too damaging? Thanks. :sad:

The reason I ask is because everytime I use a rinse (jet black by Beautiful Collections) it really doesn't last for more than two to three weeks max. Although rinses are supposed to be more healthy than using a permanent dye, it is getting to be too much high maintenance for me. If I decide to use a permanent black hair dye will it be too damaging? Thanks. :sad:

I had the same problem. By happenstance I used Clairol Natural Instincts in midnight black. It is the bomb. It has not faded one bit. I think I'm going on week two and have been co-washing daily and shampooing on the weekends.

Here is my thread about it and some of the comments as to it being a demi and therefore not damaging.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sh...highlight=elizablue+clairol+natural+instincts

That's the reason I did permanent. I wasn't sure if a rinse would last with my daily cw's. I am satisfied with my Bigen.

I've dyed my hair every 3 weeks from the time I was 10 years old until I turned 19. Shocking? Yeah. My mom tried hard to discourage it, but she dyed her hair so much that she couldn't do anything about me dying mine.

Throughout my journey, I discovered that Colorsilk (the cheap 3 dollar hair dye in most drug stores) is actually the LEAST harsh dye on the market. It makes your hair feel smooth and silky, and I believe it's ammonia free.

Also, I know a few people in my boyfriend's family (they are Indian) who dye their hair black with henna and indigo. It is natural, but VERY much permanent. It will not fade. If you are interested, here is an article about it:

http://www.hennaforhair.com/indigo/gwynindigo.html

Also, a google search will help you find more information about it.

There are also some "organic" hair dyes on the market. They worked well for my roommate, but I have never tried them.

Needless to say, my hair is damaged beyond repair from dying it constantly for almost 9 years. I have totally stopped dying it and I can't wait for my natural hair color to come in. Then again, I was going from a dark brown to a light red...

I wanted my rinses to be able to be more pronounced. That is why I permanently dyed my hair with a red color. That way, after the red oxidizes and goes brown, when I rinse, I will be able to get more pronounced color.

I dampen my hair too mch for a rinse, and I want to cover the grays, not hightlight them. I got my hair dyed with Aveda color a month ago, and it still looks great. i can see the grays coming back a bit, but they're new growth, not fading. My hair doesn't seem to be damaged any more than normal.

I had the same problem. By happenstance I used Clairol Natural Instincts in midnight black. It is the bomb. It has not faded one bit. I think I'm going on week two and have been co-washing daily and shampooing on the weekends.

Here is my thread about it and some of the comments as to it being a demi and therefore not damaging.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sh...highlight=elizablue+clairol+natural+instincts

I've been using natural instincts in midnight black for years but lately i've been wondering if they changed something about it. When i used it in the past it never washed out but i've had to use it 3 times since august

I too used jet black in beautiful collection and it came out in about 2/3 weeks. I bought a box dye from soft sheen carson in midnight black. I'm just waiting for my 2 weeks post relaxer to put it in.

Back