What kind of rollers...

-Love Love*

What kind of rollers do I need to make my roller set look like this?
n1306590349_30126116_7524.jpg

Shoulder length....I'm transitioning. I've had this style before but one lady used like the flexible donut rollers and the other one used these kind that snapped on the end, like you'd use on the end of Kinky twist. I wanna attempt to do this on my own, but I'm lost on which rollers I should buy.

....and ultimately how to do a roller set!

I think flexi rods would be easier. But you could also use regular rollersetting rollers and just roll them vertically and then pick them out when they are dry.

All I own are magnetic rollers with the snaps. I would use the GREEN ones for a tighter curl and the PINK ones for a looser curl. When you use magnetic rollers use a spiral pattern to roll your hair (i.e. instead of rolling the hair evenly across the roller, start at the bottom end of the roller and roll your hair in a spiral pattern until your hair covers the entire roller). When you hair dries, you can use a pick or your fingers to pull the curls apart.

The girl in your pic has a rod set. Flexi Rods or Cold Wave Rods will give you that look. Flexi rods look like a donut and cold wave rods snap at the ends.

Last edited:
I would use 3/4" and 1" magnetic rollers with covers/snaps and roll vertically. When dry, just separate the curls. Here's a pic of a rollerset that I did last year:

LHCHPIC.jpg

My length was BSL but your SL hair should yield a similar result, just a bit shorter. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I would use 3/4" and 1" magnetic rollers with covers/snaps and roll vertically. When dry, just separate the curls. Here's a pic of a rollerset that I did last year:

LHCHPIC.jpg

My length was BSL but your SL hair should yield a similar result, just a bit shorter. Hope this helps.

The daggon thanks button is gone... but I knew someone on here had a pic of what I was talking about... I just couldn't remember who.

Orange cold wave rods. Spiral your hair up the rod. Flexi rods or magnetics could work as well, you just have to spiral your hair up the roller and roll them vertically.

HHG!

Back