What kind of regimen works for you- Simple or complex?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've been here for about 8 months and I'm just now figuring out that my hair loves me to K.I.S.S (keep it simple, stupid!) Every day, I co-wash, put on my mn and leave-in, slap my hair in a wet bun and don't touch it until the next day. My hair has never been softer, shinier, healtier, etc and I'm loving it! :love2: So what works for you? Simple or complicated? :drunk:

Absolutely simple. Co-wash 2-3 times a week, ACV mn/sulphur mix at night vatika in the morning. This has been the best growth I've noticed since i officially started my journey. I just alternate conditioners protein then moisture, then protein u get the message:grin:

I'm now thinking my hair likes it simple. It has never been so shiny and healthy-looking and moisturized! I wash weekly and cowash and let my hair airdry. It really looks like I've flatironed it!

I've learned to listen to my hair. Sometimes it just wants to be left alone and sometimes not. :ohwell:

Last edited:
So far simple seems to be working for me. I deep condition twice a week, moisturize and seal daily, detangle every 10 days or so (scared to go longer than that) and leave it alone. The most complicated part for me is remembering to take my vitamins and use my MN and BT daily.

I'm about 13 months into my Journey and I've learned that Keeping It Simple is best for my hair! My hair likes to be left alone & listened too. :yep: "Less is Best!"
7-10 day washes (with minimal shampoo diluted w/ water), every now and then co washes, maybe once a month flat iron/blow dry,2 Month Stretch TexLaxes, Multi Vits, Lots of Water....and keeping the ends up, moisturized with low maintenance.

I wish I could say that my regimen is simple, but I don't even have a regimen yet:nono: I'm still in my testing stage, so I try different things all the time and I never do stick to just one product. However, the part of my regimen that does remain constant is the washing. I wash 2 times per week, Mondays & Thursdays. I airdry only (unless it's an emergency). At night, I pin, bun, or braid my hair up and cover with a cap or scarf. Other than that, my regimen is far from simple.

Now that LHCF has come into my life...Keeping it simple has been working wonders! Simple regimen along with using simple products (such as jojoba oil, tea tree oil, cayenne pepper, etc.) has given me the head of hair that I've always dreamed of.

I guess my regimen is simple - I just do what my hair needs! :rolleyes: I moisturize and seal my hair daily, baggie and slap on my wig which takes less than a minute.

Wash day is complex, my weekly regimen is simple. I don't think I could get away with a simple wash day unfortunately except for when I am in braids - then my entire regimen is a simplistic dream :yep:.

Back