What Kind of Ponytail Holders do you use for Ponytail Rollersets?

Libra08

I want to start doing ponytail rollersets, but I don't know what kind of ponytail holders to buy because I'm afraid of breakage. What kind do you use, and do they cause any breakage?

Thanks,
Libra08

I used the goody ochless as well. I had very little breakage. I checked each ponytail holder when I removed them. I only had 2 or 3 with a few hairs and those were the ones I didnt take my time putting on. I got tired and started rushing. I will add that I wash shocked by how straight my roots were. I got compliments all week at work.

i have enough of the ouchless ones to try that, but i usually use the tiny cloth ones. i havent gotten breakage from doing so, though. someone uses the rubber ones and just cuts them off after her hair dries, i cant remember who.

I use either the Goody ouchless or these other ones Satin from Hype hair. They work all right but better if they are oiled.

When I was in highschool I used to use leave in conditioner on my ends with my hair in a poonytail and use a few rollers to set the hair and tie it down and add moisturizer in the morning. I never had any problems with my hair it was great! Nowadays I use the bands without the metal bits on them I suppose that's what you call ouchless?

I have used ouchless bands and cut up stockings but both have been difficult for me to remove from my hair. I don't know what they are called exactly but I now use the children ponytail holders that have the little balls on them that you twist around each other to secure a ponytail. I attached a picture of some similar to the type I use. I use small ones so they do not get in the way of the rollers and also that do not have the metal part in the middle. The children ponytail holders are very easy to remove since all I have to do is untwist them so there is no pulling and I do not lose any hair. The drawback is it may be harder to put them in, but somehow I manage to hold the ponytail taut and twist the ponytail holder around it with the other hand, then fasten it.

Attachments

• Ponytail-Holder-HOPT0007-.jpg
    Ponytail-Holder-HOPT0007-.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 442
Samantha love your hair. How exactly do you use panyhose? Do you cut rings and wrap them around like a ponytail holder? Do you use a certain kind sheer, ultra sheer?
TIA

I either use the goody ouchless ones or the wider ones from Scuunci that look like a piece of rolled up fabric. I haven't had much breakage with either of those but on the last few I've been trying the hose. They work well too and you get many more for much less money :o)

i have enough of the ouchless ones to try that, but i usually use the tiny cloth ones. i havent gotten breakage from doing so, though. someone uses the rubber ones and just cuts them off after her hair dries, i cant remember who.
Probably me....that's all I use is rubber bands and break or cut them off when dry. I've had no problems. I would probably loose more hair if I had to use a band that I had to take my hair all the way through to get it off *cringe*

I have used ouchless bands and cut up stockings but both have been difficult for me to remove from my hair. I don't know what they are called exactly but I now use the children ponytail holders that have the little balls on them that you twist around each other to secure a ponytail. I attached a picture of some similar to the type I use. I use small ones so they do not get in the way of the rollers and also that do not have the metal part in the middle. The children ponytail holders are very easy to remove since all I have to do is untwist them so there is no pulling and I do not lose any hair. The drawback is it may be harder to put them in, but somehow I manage to hold the ponytail taut and twist the ponytail holder around it with the other hand, then fasten it.

These are cute. Where can I buy them??

Samantha love your hair. How exactly do you use panyhose? Do you cut rings and wrap them around like a ponytail holder? Do you use a certain kind sheer, ultra sheer?
TIA

I use what ever is cheap. Leggs panyhose...... I cut them into 1 inch strips... and there you have it!

Probably me....that's all I use is rubber bands and break or cut them off when dry. I've had no problems. I would probably loose more hair if I had to use a band that I had to take my hair all the way through to get it off *cringe*

Ouch is right.... I usually cut off my panyhose bands. I never pull em out.

I used ouchless bands my first roller set. I was shocked how smooth my hair came out. I tried to save time not using bands at all with my second set and my hair came out a little frizzy. I think I want to try the pantyhose.

I was wondering how many ponytails is good. I did over 30 mesh rollers with pins. In a search I found old archived threads where it looked like 20 - 24 was the average. Do you do more than 1 roller per ponytail? I think I would have to get the duck bill clips if I reduce my number or rollers and/or did more than one roller per ponytail. I am concerned about being able to get straight hair. Any advice TIA.

I usually do about 14 ponytails with one roller on each. It gets my hair straight and I'm natural. But next time I want to try two rollers in each ponytail to see if my hair can get even straighter.

I have used ouchless bands and cut up stockings but both have been difficult for me to remove from my hair. I don't know what they are called exactly but I now use the children ponytail holders that have the little balls on them that you twist around each other to secure a ponytail. I attached a picture of some similar to the type I use. I use small ones so they do not get in the way of the rollers and also that do not have the metal part in the middle.

I do this too, but where do you find them without the metal part in the middle? I have taken to making my own with the leftover beads and strips of pantyhose.

I'm going to do one later on tonight and I'll try to take a pic. I believe StillALady, Pokahontas, and zzirvingj have pictures in their fotkis or floating around here.

I do this too, but where do you find them without the metal part in the middle? I have taken to making my own with the leftover beads and strips of pantyhose.

I found the ouchless with no metal at Walmart. I was in the store and the box kept falling out of the bottom of the cart. I had 2 packs and my 6 yr old stopped me 3 times saying Mommy you dropped you rubber bands. It was so funny becaue I was rushing and once they went flying across the floor and he had to crawl up under the fixtures to find them. And after all that I still had only 1 pack of bands when I got to the cashier :lachen:.

I tried the panyhose. I cut up some knee hi's just like they were rubber bands. I soaked them in castor oil. That was a hot mess. My hair got all oily. I had to go was that stuff out. So I cut up the other knee hi and put them on dry. I did 16 ponytails. I had more dents with the knee hi's than the ochless bands. Samantha what kind of oil do you use and how do you keep your hair from getting oily while putting on the panyhose? How many ponytails do you do? TIA

I tried the panyhose. I cut up some knee hi's just like they were rubber bands. I soaked them in castor oil. That was a hot mess. My hair got all oily. I had to go was that stuff out. So I cut up the other knee hi and put them on dry. I did 16 ponytails. I had more dents with the knee hi's than the ochless bands. Samantha what kind of oil do you use and how do you keep your hair from getting oily while putting on the panyhose? How many ponytails do you do? TIA

I had the same problem with the oiliness, and I used EVOO. I tried Leave-In conditioner the second time, but next week I'm just going to try them dry and use the rubber bands Poka uses. Good Luck!

Back