What kind of conditioner.

seraphinelle

I am considering relaxing my hair again, but I definetly don't want it overprocessed, and would like it to be more on the underprocessed side.

What conditioner could I add to the relaxer to make sure of that.

Any 4B's that have a procedure for texlaxing their hair?

I do I do!! I plan on adding either some cheapie conditioner such as V05+ Aphogee Keratin Spray or either ORS replenishing pak.

I do a pre-relaxer base with ORS replenishing pak and I think I will add grease to the ends and the conditioner to the relaxer. Something that has a nice amount of protein in it.

So do you keep the relaxer in for the normal amount of time?

I just want to step away from the braids for a minute, because it's really thinning out my sides.

And frankly I think I'm ready to do the relaxer thing again.

Do you use lye or no lye?

I think I'm going to go with lye. I'm pretty sure that no lye broke my hair

seraphinelle said:
So do you keep the relaxer in for the normal amount of time?

I just want to step away from the braids for a minute, because it's really thinning out my sides.

And frankly I think I'm ready to do the relaxer thing again.

Do you use lye or no lye?

I think I'm going to go with lye. I'm pretty sure that no lye broke my hair

I actually switched from lye BACK to no lye. The burning on my scalp was too much and I was causing scalp damage with the relaxer sores. My last straw was a scalp sore that lasted for about 3 weeks.

Anyways, yeah I keep the relaxer on for about 10 minutes. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to apply it to my whole head though. I am texlaxed also.

LOL, sorry for all the questions, LOL, this is a big deal for me, I've been natural for about 1.5 years (since all the relaxer was cut off) I just want to try something different...

So how much conditioner do you put in with the relaxer?

And I'm guessing protein based is better.

What about a sulfur based conditioner?

Back