What kind of Co-Washing Conditioners do you all use?

ellebelle88

Can someone please explain to me what it means to co-wash? And if you are co-washing all the time, how are you letting your hair dry?

But my main question is, what are some of the co-washing conditioners that you all use? THANKS!!

I use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, Pantene Hydrating Curls, and Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Conditioners to cowash..mostly the HE though.

Last edited:
Lately, any condish that I have around the house (Redken, Nexxus, HE, Garnier, Aussie Moist, Loreal Vive Pro). My favorite is Redken All Soft though. My 2nd fav is Herbal Essences LTR.

For Co-Washes I always use Regular Lighter conditioners. Nexxus, Jasons, Millcreek, Avalon Organics, Natures Gate, Emu Oil, SE Megasilk, Joico Smooth As Silk, Alba Coconut Hair Milk, SheScentIt Avacado Hair Rinse and the Honey Rinse.

But if I am Rinsing out Henna, I always use the 'Cheapies' i.e. V05's, White Rain & Suave. And I use ALOT of it.:rolleyes:

I've just re-visited Organix Coconut/Vanilla Conditioner and this stuff is the bomb!!!

I do use Trader Joes Nourish Spa, which is one of my favorites!

I like TreSemme Moisturizing condish but I'm in love with Suave Humectant:love: for co washes. Both are inexpensive and moisturizing!:yep:

I've tried many and was convinced the cowashing wasn't for me until I used ShescentIt Avocado conditioner and the Honey Rinse. They are staples in my cowashing.

Co-washing is simply washing your hair with a conditioner, instead of shampoo. I do it weekly, then rollerset afterwards. For co-washes, I use VO5 or Suave conditioners.

Co-washing is so much better for your hair because it doesn't strip it of natural oils and moisture like shampoo does.

At first, I would use cheapies such as VO5, but now as a avident washer I have moved onto washing with Nature Gate's Aloe Vera Conditioner & Daily Herbal Conditioner along with any expensive conditioners sold at Marshalls or Ross.

Matrix (Orange bottle)
Organix
VO5
Aussie Smooth and Aussie Moist
KeraCare Hum
Suave Hum
Mizan Moisturefuse (The bomb)
VS (Nourishing) special occasions only

I only use Salon Care Honey Almond and Back to Basic Honey Hydrating. The V05, Suave, and White Rain were no good for my hair.

V05 Tea Therapy and Suave Tropical Coconut are what i am currently using. Of the two of them Suave is my fav! I look forward to trying other brands though!

Very helpful links!

My cowash cons:
1. HE 'Totally Twisted'
2. HE 'Hello Hydration'
3. Suave Humectant

I sometimes apply Aphogee 2 min reconstructor to dry hair before cowashing out, so it's kind of a cowash con too... I need it for some protein.

Cowash means to wash your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo. Here are some threads that may help you.

Cowash???

What cheapie cowash conditioner do you rep?

Spring/summer 09 cowash challenge

Pre-poo vs. Cowash vs. Deep Con

How is it possible that you've been here since 05 but you don't know what a cowash is? I'm perplexed.

Can someone please explain to me what it means to co-wash? And if you are co-washing all the time, how are you letting your hair dry?

But my main question is, what are some of the co-washing conditioners that you all use? THANKS!!
You've gotten some really good ex of conditioners to use---but to answer the second question I airdry using the scarf method.

Last edited:
Back