What I've notice with transitioning from relaxed to natural hair...

VroniL2006

See, I told you my mood is chatty...lol.

Ok, so I am kind of transitioning by default. Its been about 2 months (new pics coming soon :Flahsssss) and my hair is back to length it was before the big cut.

Anyway, since I just moved and have been broke I haven't had a relaxer for about 12 weeks. What I've noticed is that my hair is not as nappy as I thought it was. I guess you can say I am over the hump, I have about 2 inches of new growth and my hair is very manageable. The only difference is that its thicker and little poofy...but I figure over time & as I gain length I will find styles that accomodate this. I have more of a natural shine and it looks healthy. :weird: My ends are looking a lot better and I thank you ladies for all the great suggestions on products and protective styles!

The other day I took out my flat iron for the first time in months, just to check out the real growth of my hair. After I was done, it looked like my hair had just been relaxed, and it stayed like that for a couple of days until I washed it again. This made me happy. So now I know that I dont really need a relaxer for the straight look, I can use my flat iron (but just on special occasion! I dont want breakage again!).

So with confidence, I can say that...I LOVE MY NEW GROWTH! I would never had been able to admit that before. One day, I may choose to get a relaxer again, but at least I know that its an option and not necessarily a necessity for me anymore :grin:l!

Congrats...on your personal hair revelation. Isn't it a great feeling to learn new stuff about your hair. Keep up the good work.

Back