What is your

thiccknlong

hair problem right now ?

We all have them. I'd texturized my hair for 1 year and 3 mos , just to thicken it. I used hours, I mean HOURS detangling every little strand to get it to that thickness.

I went and got a " texturizer " a week ago and she " permed " it and let it stay on for 30 mins ! :mad:

Now my hair is thin from root to about 4 inches from the tips...

What's your hair problem ?

I am 10 wks post today and after MTG , carrot juice, high protien,vitamins etc my new growth is STUPID:( :mad: :( . I want to wait till 12 wks but I dont see how I can:confused: .

I'm gonna book an appointment to get a haircut because these knots and tangles are no joke! I actually started trimming the knots myself which makes it easier, but I still need it to be professionally done. I don't want to look like those bushwacker guys who used to wrestle back in the day.

FULLNESS

my hair problem would be is handling my hairs NEW "FULLNESS"......after I found this board and learned to take better care of my hair. Its full on terms of *instead of having a very thin ponytail; its thick (full) because...you kept majority of your hair on your head as it got longer. I'm stuck between "SEE-THRU" ends and "FULL" roots and I find it difficult to keep a nice style

texasgrl said:
I am 10 wks post today and after MTG , carrot juice, high protien,vitamins etc my new growth is STUPID:( :mad: :( . I want to wait till 12 wks but I dont see how I can:confused: .

For real ??? :eek: Okay. That's it. I'm trying the high(er) protein diet and carrot juice. I hard ever eat any protein.

My problem right now is thin ends. They aren't splitting or anything, but they just look bad and it's getting on my nerves. I washed my hair earlier today and I just got fed up and scheduled an appointment for a trim on Friday. I only want 1/4 to 1/2 an inch taken off. I know I could stand to lose more, but I just don't want to see that progress fall to the floor :(.

WANTING TO TAKE THESES DANGON BRAIDS OUT! :lachen: .. They look like dreads..

other then that I'm very much loving my natural hair:D

My problem is I hate the way my relaxed hair looks when its wet. Its just there and I wish it were all natural. But when my hair is done it looks great. I am contemplating the idea of going natural but I dont really want to sacrifice the length yet cause my hair doesnt seem to grow fast in the first place. :(

texasgrl said:

OMG, I am in the exact same situation and have also been using MTG drinking carrot jucie, high protein and my daily vitamins, but I am only 8 wks post. I am trying my hardest to stretch, but I don't know if it is possible. I think I may invest in a half wig until i reach the 12 wk mark:ohwell:

I have underprocessed hair in the back, and I (oops) used a protein conditioner and didn't follow up with my regular NTM DDC because I was too lazy to go to CVS and get it, and now it is hard and dry. I think I will DC w/ ORS replenishing pack tomorrow...

when curly - a lot of tangles at the end. when trimmed, ends split right back up..

(at the moment) blow dried & braidout - when i comb hair (with a wide-tooth comb) to put my hair back into braids, lots of breakage...no wonder y i leave my hair curly most of the time. lol

I did a corrective relaxer and my hair is breaking......again. My hair can never seem to get past shoulder length. Something always happens.

My hair has no shape and needs a style.
Cutting it into a style will lose length.
My current length is annoying me.
Cutting it will mean taking longer to get past this length, that will annoy me more.

lost my temple on one side:eek: ? and dont know when so i have to baby it:mad: mad cause i will have to spend all summer in braids or weave not happy but may be next year:) i can prem:confused:

The main problem that I am having is... the ends of my hair are breaking off not a lot but just enough the bother me!!!!...The Phyto roots are great and full but my ends are RUUFF:( :( ... I am still try to get down my routine....

1. My edges and nape are thinning a little. I've been babying them and using ORS Temple Balm like crazy and they seem to be doing well.

2. I want to take my braids out because they are boring and irking me to death. I wanted to keep them in until May, but I'm taking them out in two weeks.

3. My mom is nagging me to no end about going to the salon. She thinks it'd be better to pay $40-50 dollars every two weeks than to give me $60 one time and let me get a dryer and some rollers.

#1: My hair is so short.

It is starting to grow out and I have no clue what to do with it as it grows out cuz I've been wearing a short pixie cut that was easy to style (lots of really fun finger wave styles).

I wish I could hide in a cave for 2 yrs and then magically appear with my goddess hair without missing the 2 years. :ohwell:

Definitely a mean case of hair boredom. It seems like I do the same hairstyle everyday, and with my workout schedule it's getting crazy. I'm inspired by Londondiva and I think I'm going to put in my own twist this Monday. Wish me luck.

I don't know whether to go ahead and texturize or not. Part of me wants to wait as long as I can before severe humidity sets in, but part of me wants to do it today!

All of my hair is natural except the left side...and that side is thinning. It seems to be getting worse instead of getting better:mad:

My hair caught on fire (oven kind of exploded) and I had to cut off a lot of progress :mad: . I do have alot of new growth (16+weeks) and I'm wondering if I should relax or keep the stretch going. I used Shikakai powder and it stopped the shedding dead in it's tracks but I'm not really feeling the way my hair is looking since there's so much ng.

My edges are gone and I am trying to figure out why. I had edges during the early part of winter, but they are gone. The breakage extends back to the front of my ear, from left to right.

It seems to be along the part of the hairline you leave out to cover up a half wig, which I did wear for part of the winter. When I wore my wool hat, I wore a spandex liner and I had edges when I took my braids down in September. I suspect the breakage is due to overmanipulation of my hairline. Primarly excessive brushing and using some of that darn Ampro gel to hold down ruff edges, something I don't normally do. Let's Jam only works with a fresh perm on me (which is a couple of weeks). After that, it just melts like hair grease and runs down my face and neck. No hold whatsoever!

I am using a spruced up version of ORS fertilizer serum, MTG, and WGO. My edges are coming back at a decent rate, but it still looks bad when I put on a phony pony. I plan on doing kinky twists and pampering my edges.

I have no clue what to do with my hair. It's in a weird inbetween stage so I don't have many styling options. I try and put it away in a style to keep from messing with it but after a week or two I get bored and want it back out. IDK what to do. :(

Back