What is your favorite thing for your hair right now?

Queliq7

Since it's winter and it's such a challenge to keep our hair soft and moisturized, I thought it would be fun to post our favorite things we're doin to our hair / or using in our hair or whateva! It will be great to give each other ideas.

I'll start:
I warm up a mixture of extra virgin coconut oil with pure unrefined shea butter until they are pure oil and mixed together. I put this on my hair after a wash before braiding or twisting and also on dry hair for daily moisture. After that I seal the ends with castor oil. That is my fave thing for my hair right now. What's yours?!

I LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE moisturizing w. Hairveda's Ends Hydration and then sealing w/Vatika oil. My hair is always so soft and smells yummy which hubby really appericiates.lol.

I am going to try the mixture of EVCO and Shea butter because I love both of them and have to choose days when to use one :). I seal with Jamaican black castor oil.

I'm loving headscarves so much. I put my satin bonnet under and then any good size headscarf and make a bun with it. I leveled in experience that I don't even need to tie it up with pins or a scrunchie now.

I only have one good one that doesn't slide off so I'm in the market for more...

I have another addiction now it seems.

Scrunching in shea butter right over conditioner on my ends, then cool water rinsing most of the conditoiner off. The shea butter stays.

I LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE moisturizing w. Hairveda's Ends Hydration and then sealing w/Vatika oil. My hair is always so soft and smells yummy which hubby really appericiates.lol.

I'm enjoying doing the same thing with Shescentit Seyani Hair Butter and sealing with Argan Oil from Sally's. Same yummy smell. My schnauzer appreciates it. :rofl:

I mix castor and coconut oil and use it all over after a wash/cowash and seal my ends with more castor oil. I also use either the mix of the two oils or just castor oil for daily moisture.

I am loving putting scurl on my new growth and ends. It works wonders for my dry hair. Also I am loving my puffs because they are so easy to do.

CERAMIDES! In any form.... from the vials of Biolage Cera Repair to the Eucalyptus essential oil, and Cupuacu butter. I recently added Wheat germ oil to my conditioners, hair butters and leave-ins. i definitely noticed a huge difference after repeated use......

I have been wearing my signature bun. It really keeps my hair moisturized. I moisturize and seal 2x a day (morning/night) with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose:love2: and EVOO :love4:. My hair has been staying SOOOO moisturized. I love it.

Aussie Moist conditioner. I love using this in the shower for my weekly wash. It's moisturizing, smells delicious and uplifting particularly during cold, drab winter. Plus I love that it has a pump.

Cowashing, DC'ing and airdrying in my current favourite airdrying style (Thanks Shay72!):

I'll miss this style when I get back to my pixie braids in 2010 :cry:

Since moving to Turkey I've discovered Mecitefendi Saç Bakım Yağı. Which is just Turkish for a brand of hair care oil. Its a blend of oils that I use mixed with my DC and daily for sealing. Its left my hair ultra soft and protected. I thought I was an EVCO devotee until this came along. Its now my winter staple.

Last edited:
I'm loving Hair One...I know Im late cuz I just tried it for the first time a few weeks ago, but this is great for for my weekly washing. My hair is so soft and moisturized, and it needs all the help it can get this winter!

Right now what's working or me...?

• Airdrying in scarf method w/ two Pocahontas plaits
  • Moisturizing with conditioner (Nexxus Humectin) and sealing with EVOO at night and replaiting
  • Roll ends with satin foam pillow curlers, the one with the arms
  • Tie up at night
  • Twistout or bun for work

I am loving Aussie Moist right now. As a detangler, conditioner, pre-poo ingredient and leave-in moisturizer. :yep: I can do so much with it. It's the only thing I use that has cones (I think?), but my hair is NOT complaining. And it's funny because I am prone to easy mad build up. I think I'll co-wash with it next wash day and see how that goes. I'm not a co-washer but this stuff really tempts me.

Last edited:
I've been banding my hair in 4 sections and wearing a wig over it. I moisturize by spraying my hair with water and wearing a cap in the shower and the steam does it all.Every other day I take them down and re-moisturize. So far so good. It's a really great protective style.

I'm loving using a Glycerin, rosewater, water and rosemary oil spray on my hair daily.
Also loving coconut oil as a deep conditioning treat every week!
;)

Wild Woozle Tiare Pomade.... My hair loves it sooo much... it has Shea Butter, Monoi de Tahiti, Virgin Creme de Coco Oil, Cocoa Butter and it smells soo good. I usually use it to seal my hair. Its not too heavy like I thought it would be.

the beat thing for my hair right now is my shea butter mix.
shea butter
avocado butter
olive butter
jbco
evoo
honey
coconut oil
jojoba oil

my hair loves this. my hair also seems to be loving blended beauty silk shake and qhemets heavy cream.

CERAMIDES! In any form.... from the vials of Biolage Cera Repair to the Eucalyptus essential oil, and Cupuacu butter. I recently added Wheat germ oil to my conditioners, hair butters and leave-ins. i definitely noticed a huge difference after repeated use......

so wheat germ oil also has ceramides?

Back