What is your favorite detangling tool?

tmkersha

Hi. I just wanting to know what everyone is using to detangle with. I used to use a Denman but it spit my ends and pulled my hair out . Now I use a regular wide toothed comb, but I'm thinking about finger detangling instead because I still manage to break a few of my hairs off even though I'm super gentle when combing my hair out.

I detangle with a few things. I switch them up. I use the Ouidad Double Detangler comb, the Magic Star Comb made by Hercules and most recently I purchased the Tangle Teezer.

I haven't used the TT yet but so far I love the Magic Star Comb. I think it's outstanding.

I wish there was a seamless comb that was a 3 in 1. I use that type of comb that has 3 different sizes. I use to use the TT but the bristles got too bent. I also use my fingers of course.

Fingers, hands down, are what I used in 2008 when I let my hair tangle by going to bed w/o braiding it and I recommend them above everything else. :yep: No other tool can feel and therefore be as gentle and careful as fingers.

imgres

I use the conair shower comb, because it is seamless, I use to use a wider tooth comb, but because the conair is seamless, it puts me more at ease because I do not worry about splitting, tearing, and damage.

img_product_phathead_comb1.jpg

Last edited:
I detangle with my Tangle Teezer or my Jibere shower comb. I love them both. Lately, though, I have been finger detangling when I moisturize and seal my transitioning hair.

imgres

I use the conair shower comb, because it is seamless, I use to use a wider tooth comb, but because the conair is seamless, it puts me more at ease because I do not worry about splitting, tearing, and damage.

img_product_phathead_comb1.jpg

kaytorry where can i get these combs? i have a conair one that i still use and it is exactly like this. the newer ones have those balls on the end which just rip my hair out. :nono:its great for detangling but it doesnt get rid of the shed hair like a brush.

My favorite tool is my Cricket Comb from sallys I have two and they pull out little to no hair at all wide teeth and no where for hairs to get caught

My wide toothed comb and fingers. Once my newgrowth kicks in, I add Mane 'n Tail detangler to the mix.

I use a Conair shower comb to detangle while rinsing conditioner out of my hair. When I am roller setting I use a Cricket brand rattail comb.

This cheap comb my sister bought me years ago. Works wonders.

D138.jpg

I friggin can't stand the Denman or the shower comb at Sally's.

Back