WHat is up with these straight ends?

sweetascocoa

im natural and i keep getting these straight ends especially in the front part. i trim them off EVERYDAY and a few days later or even the enxt day, i see some more. ill be natural for a year in June and ive applied heat to my hair only twice.

i pull on my hair everyday though. like i look for tangles and tear them out. is that what is causing these straight ends? help:(

toosexy1 said:
im natural and i keep getting these straight ends especially in the front part. i trim them off EVERYDAY and a few days later or even the enxt day, i see some more. ill be natural for a year in June and ive applied heat to my hair only twice.

i pull on my hair everyday though. like i look for tangles and tear them out. is that what is causing these straight ends? help:(

TEAR?? :eek: Noooo, don't do that!! That's probably what's causing it. It's like running a straight edge the wrong way along a curled curling ribbon.

If you can't undo the tangle just snip it out with some scissors, cutting the smallest amount of hair necessary. If you pull/tear it you'll be roughing up the ends which will just lead to tangles in the same spot later.

I know a natural lady with straight ends. She's been natural for over 5 years and she shaved all her hair off at the time, so we know it is not leftover relaxer. I would say it's heat damage, but it's always in the same spot, despite numerous trims to get rid of it, and no other area of her hair has it. It must be the way her hair grows.

I have some straight ends in the crown area, and I know all the relaxer has been cut out of my hair. I can get them to curl with a little finger styling while wet, but if I comb through them, it's hard to coax the straightness out.

i know its not heat damage cos i keep cutting these things off a few times a week and im sure its way past where the hair might have been damaged. ill stop cutting it off and let it do its thing?

it didnt worry me till some girl asked if i straighten my ends and i was like wtf?? she's also natural but her hair doesnt have straight ends

balisi said:
I know a natural lady with straight ends. She's been natural for over 5 years and she shaved all her hair off at the time, so we know it is not leftover relaxer. I would say it's heat damage, but it's always in the same spot, despite numerous trims to get rid of it, and no other area of her hair has it. It must be the way her hair grows.

I have some straight ends in the crown area, and I know all the relaxer has been cut out of my hair. I can get them to curl with a little finger styling while wet, but if I comb through them, it's hard to coax the straightness out.

I think it's sometimes how your hair grows....my hair is like that, very straight in certain parts in the front...I've had a few big cuts since going natural, and have been fully natural for 2 years now...heat, hardly used so it must be just how it grows.

Back