What is up?? I don't even think I want to date

itismehmmkay

So...
Lately I've been having some 2nd thoughts about my SO. They're mostly gut feelings about something not being quite right.

And now, I'm almost afraid to even date with just all the slime that seems to be going around...:nono:

Does anyone feel this way??

Yep.......

It is really, really hard to be optimistic about the dating pool right now- at least for me.

I have lost respect for men in general. Sorry to generalize but I fee like most men out there have lost integrity and honesty. They have forgoten how to be a man. I'm so exhosted of the dating game :wallbash:.

I can certainly understand that feeling. Relationships to me are more trouble than their worth. I could really care less.

I feel the same way you do.

Today my cousin said this in an email "I find as I'm getting older, a lot of the good ones are taken. It is discouraging thinking about that of people that I don't know/haven't met yet."

I agree with her.

But I like the company of men. I really do. So I think I will date cautiously - enjoy them for the conversation, laughs, and have someone handsome to look at at the dinner table. But I am not sure I can deal with more than that right now. It is as my intentions for dating are NOT for finding a mate or companion, but just someone to keep me entertained for a few hours a week. :look:

Today my cousin said this in an email "I find as I'm getting older, a lot of the good ones are taken. It is discouraging thinking about that of people that I don't know/haven't met yet."

I agree with her.

But I like the company of men. I really do. So I think I will date cautiously - enjoy them for the conversation, laughs, and have someone handsome to look at at the dinner table. But I am not sure I can deal with more than that right now. It is as my intentions for dating are NOT for finding a mate or companion, but just someone to keep me entertained for a few hours a week. :look:

See, my problem is I can't even find a decent guy to date. :perplexed

I'm also at that point where I'm not quite ready to settle down, but I'd like to enjoy the company of a man every now and then. I've found this virtually impossible. They start playing games and bullshytting before we even get to that point.

See, my problem is I can't even find a decent guy to date. :perplexed

I'm also at that point where I'm not quite ready to settle down, but I'd like to enjoy the company of a man every now and then. I've found this virtually impossible. They start playing games and bullshytting before we even get to that point.

True. :ohwell:

I agree with her.

So, I just bought WMMB and I'm feeling the same way. You can still have fun while being cautious :yep:

I agree with her.

I think that's how it should be. Some women meet a guy and they start planning over how things will go and start analyzing, I've definitely been guilty of this in the past. I think we should view dating as just enjoying someone's company and leave it at that. Not that there is something wrong with feeling them but just take it one day or date at a time. :)

I think there would less room for disappointment if we looked at dating that way.

I have lost respect for men in general. Sorry to generalize but I fee like most men out there have lost integrity and honesty. They have forgoten how to be a man. I'm so exhosted of the dating game :wallbash:.

OMG.....You can't believe how DONE I am with dating, straight focusing on self-improvement..there's always room! While I'm doing that God will send someone compatible to my pleasures, my focus is tunnel vision!

My So, BF, whatever you want to call it proved to me over the last few weeks that his so-called love for me was a sham....

It's ok, better late then never!

What is WWLB?

"Why Men Love *****es"
by Sherry (sp) Argov

Very good book that was referenced on this board a copule of years ago.,..I picked it up read it and adopted the practices...worked like it said..only problem was in between stages I relapsed...and well it's caused me the pain I feel today...but as I said earlier...I bounce back ,,so........his lost, my gain!

Back