What is this 'mesh weaving cap' about?

Aquamarine

Hi there!
I'm concidering a sew in or just a plain ol' wig when I take these kinky two strand extensions out this weekend.

I've been seeing a mesh wig cap that's used as a base to sew hair onto (using a foam head).

My question is, once the hair is sewn onto the mesh cap, must the whole thing be sewn onto your own hair? ie, cornrows? ....or do you just cornrow your own hair for protection and slip the weaved cap on with some clips or something?

This seems like a much quicker and possibly easier option for me because I assume that if it's just clipped onto your cornrows, it's very easy to take off......

I guess what' i'm really trying to ask (in such a round-about way) is....
is this method better than just buying a wig and clipping it on? :lol:

any opinions are needed. :)

I just had one of those (removed it after 3 day though)

It was sewn on top of the cornrows. I gives more options for weft placement.

I can't say it was any quicker, though.

I did not like it because it was harder to get to my scalp. But some people love it.

Ah! Thank you so much! :Rose:

I guess I just really want an option that won't 'slip off' :lol: ....not quite ready to don my natural length just yet....and I've done it before, it's just that I love longer lengths at the moment and I'm looking for a quick and cost effective option.

I'm also concidering a professional sew in...but before I do that, I'd like something that I can do myself.

The other thing is that I'm a natural 4b type. The kinky twists were pretty good, but I miss wearing bangs.

Back