What is the Significance of the Wind and Holy Spirit?

chicacanella

Hey,

I have a question because I am new at learning things and I don't quite understand so maybe some of you can help me a bit.

But I have been having dreams and in the dreams, the holy spirit is telling me to blow air out of my mouth but this isn't just air, it is like a wind. And say there is something that needs to be clean or changed and is not right, then the holy spirit has me blow wind and the wind is so powerful that whatever I blow the wind on has to be changed or purified. If I blow the wind on a person, then things about them that are not right or godly are changed. I know that this wind is powerful yet I don't really understand how I can blow the wind but when the holy spirit tells me, I do so.

Then, also with this wind I am able to blow the enemy away. I had a dream, where I was walking down the street in my neighborhood and the enemy was represented in many different ways. Some were larger than others, but their was a bad spirit that was very small, very small. And the holy spirit told me to blow it away and as I blew it away, he was blown away with the wind. I also was able to blow other enemies away with this wind.

The holy spirit would tell me to blow and blow and blow, like I am blowing as much as I can and to keep doing it. This wind the holy spirit is telling me to blow can clean stuff up, that is the impression I have. It is able to make things right or better or purer. I can't fully explain but after one of these first dreams, I woke up and it was very profound. I was shaking or trembling a bit and I kept blowing as I woke up and I heard a strong wind outside blowing. It sounded as if it was blowing down the street and that was weird cause I just had a dream about that.

But I don't understand this all. This has been happening like for the past two weeks. Is there any scriptural basis for this.

The only thing I can think of off hand is that the Lord blew into Adam's nostrils the breath of life. Didn't the wind cause the gates of the ocean to break and caused the flood? I know the Lord also said the saints are like the wind and know one know where it listeth in His conversation with Nicodemus.

It's represents the Word of God, life. Water also respresnts the Word of God. Do you own a Strong's Concordance? You can look up scriptures on the wind there. HTH

Oh and I just remembered the rushing wind of the Holy Spirit in the upper room on the day of Pentacost when the apostles and disciple received the promise of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

I was thinking too of the breath of life that was blown into Adam, which is the spirit, which is the Holy Spirit which is what guides us, which we should share by the truth of Jesus. . .I can't interpret the dream, but a concordance is a good idea to give you an idea of how God used/uses the wind

I googled, the best thing I can do until I get one of those accordances.

ANALOGIES OF
THE HOLY SPIRIT
TO THE WIND

Like the wind, the Spirit is sovereign.
John 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
1 Corinthians 12:11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

Like the wind, the Spirit is invisible.
John 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

Like the wind, the Spirit is inscrutable, incomprehensible.
John 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

Like the wind, the Spirit is indispensable.
John 3:5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit."

Like the wind, the Spirit is lifegiving.
Ezekiel 37:8-10 [8] I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. [9] Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, `This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.' " [10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet -- a vast army.
Compare John 3:5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit."
Note: Much at least of the difficulty in John 3:5 would disappear if we would remember that "spirit" means "wind" and translate literally: "no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the wind."
In other words, unless a man is born of the cleansing and life- iving power of the Spirit, or of the cleansing word:
John 15:3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
Ephesians 5:25-27 [25] Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her [26] to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, [27] and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
James 1:18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Like the wind, the Spirit is irresistible.
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Compare Acts 6:10 but they could not stand up against his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke. A man filled with the Holy Spirit is transformed into a cyclone.

Could you add the verses from Acts where it said the holy ghost sounded like a rushing wind? It's when they received the baptism of the holy ghost.

Okay, this is what I am thinking after doing some research.

So, after receiving salvation human beings are supposed to receive the holy spirit, not the baptism just the infilling.

I forgot to add in one of the dreams, I remember I was breathing in the holy spirit and He said something like he was filling me with his spirit and I breathed in deeply and I knew that I was filled. This is when I was able to go and blow away the enemy and stuff.

So, I was reading something else that Jesus told his disciples to receive the holy spirit and I think he blew on them, right?

So, I am thinking that if I have the holy spirit then maybe this dream is representative of me doing something. Something like helping people become cleansed or something. Or that this wind is powerful enough to blow my enemies away, figuratively? And that is the holy spirit is always with me wherever I go, that I have power to overcome my enemies. Maybe the dream is just a reminder, I don't know. But in these dreams, the enemy can not overcome the wind.

Acts 2

1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

You know what I was also thinking and before this happening, these dreams and me growing I would think it was a joke. I mean, I used to sit-up and be a skeptic about these things as far as when I would see a prophet or man of God blow on someone and they fell down. Now, I don't believe when everyone does that and I still wait and pray. But the difference with me now and then is I didn't even accept when I saw things or pray and try to find out the truth, I would immediately reject them as being false.

But last year, I fell down. I mean I fell downnnn after a prophet touched me and the power of God was so strong. But I have felt this when I prayed and helped someone come to Jesus for salvation. It wasn't as strong though but I think if I would've continued praying it would have grew stronger.

Every since that time last year when I fell under God's power, I have been growing closer and closer to Him.

Acts 2
You know what I was also thinking and before this happening, these dreams and me growing I would think it was a joke. I mean, I used to sit-up and be a skeptic about these things as far as when I would see a prophet or man of God blow on someone and they fell down. Now, I don't believe when everyone does that and I still wait and pray. But the difference with me now and then is I didn't even accept when I saw things or pray and try to find out the truth, I would immediately reject them as being false.

But last year, I fell down. I mean I fell downnnn after a prophet touched me and the power of God was so strong...
Every since that time last year when I fell under God's power, I have been growing closer and closer to Him.

I've never understood what that means, when a spiritual person touches you and you fall. What is the significance of it? I know you've said y ou've been growing closer to G-d but ??? about falling?

Ive had two experiences with wind

One was a dream and it was a battle and like you I could blow the enemy in the dream away

another was real and I was standing with my daughter and mother outside her job and I WAS sad and depressed and was talking to my Mother about my pain and God and this GUSH of wind came at us, we thought nothing of it, just that it just suddenly got windy in one instant :look:

but then I looked at the trees and said to my mother look there is no wind over there, and she said well we couldnt see it that far away, then I looked a few feet away at some trash on the ground standing totally still , I WAS like Mom look at that, the wind only gushed and circled around us, and then died down

It could only be God reminding me of his power in my despair

I've never understood what that means, when a spiritual person touches you and you fall. What is the significance of it? I know you've said y ou've been growing closer to G-d but ??? about falling?
I think some of it can be fake

But I Have felt the LORD lay my body down, while being prayed for , AND I was holding on to everyone around me to stand

and still he laid me down

I dont think its as common as its portrayed to be, I think some just fall out because they are supposed to , I was one that wasnt gong to put on that act for nobody, I dunno what others really do , but its really a real possibly with the LORD , that it can happen

If the person who is touching you is TOTALLY submitted to the Lord and they have prayed for the their own personal self to be put aside so that God can do his work then, it is almost like the Holy Spirit touching you. I've had it happen and mind you, I was the one who would be sitting on the pew trying to see who had the best choreagraphed fall because I didn't think it was legit. But when you come before the Lord and you know that he has given or is giving you a specific message out of the mouth of a person, then you are in a totally different place and you let your spirit lead and your physical state just falls under submission of your spirit in that moment. What happens when you get down there is different for everyone.

But I Have felt the LORD lay my body down, while being prayed for , AND I was holding on to everyone around me to stand

I dont think its as common as its portrayed to be, I think some just fall out because they are supposed to , I was one that wasnt gong to put on that act for nobody, I dunno what others really do , but its really a real possibly with the LORD , that it can happen

I'm glad you answered. I never know how folks are gonna view my posts. But why did it happen? What does it serve? Do you feel something different, hear messages etc.? I don't get it.

If the person who is touching you is TOTALLY submitted to the Lord and they have prayed for the their own personal self to be put aside so that God can do his work then, it is almost like the Holy Spirit touching you. I've had it happen and mind you, I was the one who would be sitting on the pew trying to see who had the best choreagraphed fall because I didn't think it was legit. But when you come before the Lord and you know that he has given or is giving you a specific message out of the mouth of a person, then you are in a totally different place and you let your spirit lead and your physical state just falls under submission of your spirit in that moment. What happens when you get down there is different for everyone.

Like people shouting and such? When the Holy Spirit touches you? I mean, what do you feel? What is learned in the experience? It means submission?

Like people shouting and such? When the Holy Spirit touches you? I mean, what do you feel? What is learned in the experience? It means submission?

That varies from person to person and what you are asking God for and waiting to hear. In some cases it it is a time of peaceful falling out, where you may have felt like everything was spiraling out of control, God will give you that calm touch so that you know that he is there and you have peace in him.

For some people it is a joyous falling out where you may just be very happy and excited about confirmation of something that you have been asking God about.

Other times it can just be a time with God if you have been trying to submit and kept letting your natural "stuff" get in the way, you may just fall out and feel a release and a weight lifted.

It is different for everyone and yes, it takes submission. If you don't ask God and openly welcome his touch then you may not experience it.

I have to agree. The power of the Holy Spirit can knock you down but some of it is fake. Unfortunately at times its nothing more than sensationalism. I once visited this church where the guest preacher was blowing on people, trying to make them fall out. I guess he was implying that the holy spirit was in the power of his breath. Some people went along with it but I was like :nono:.

Please, please understand something. It's not about being "spiritual" because someone can be spiritual and be a Satanist. Every human being has a spirit so it probably can be said that everyone is spiritual. This is about the power of God coming upon a person, his spirit.

The first time that I fell under the power of God, I wasn't at the level I am now as far as being this close to him. You know the scripture which says, "Submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he will flee. Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you." Well, I had received impartation which basically means that someone who has a greater annointing or power of the holy spirit blessed me to receive more of this power in my life. Right after this, it is like the enemy attacked me and was leading me away and unfortunately, I had allowed myself to go away a bit.

But then, God rescued me and I got back to doing the right things and I began to search for Him again earnestly. After I did this, completely submitting myself, resisting the enemy and trying to get closer to God, He came closer to me.

Back