What is the LEAST amount of growth you have gotten in a year...

What is the LEAST amount of growth you have gotten in a year?

• 0 inches

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • 1-3 inches

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • 4-6 inches

Votes: 35 36.1%

• Total voters

testimony777

... and what caused it.

I realized today that I am only three and a half inches away from my goal of midback. Now theoretically, given my rate of growth (.5-1 inch per month) I should reach this goal before the end of the year but I have heard so many people talk about getting stalled at various lengths that I thought I would start a poll to see what others have experienced. I mean even if I stall and have the worst hair growth year ever it seems like I should be able to pull of 3 1/2 inches right :ohwell:

I have not been measuring my hair long enough to be able to answer this question, but I can say that since I have been taking care of my hair the least amount of growth I have gotten in a MONTH has been half an inch.

Last edited:
I wish I could say that. My hair only grows 1/4" per month. I can only expect 3" per year and DREAM of 3.5" :ohwell:

testimony777 said:
I have not been measuring my hair long enough to be able to answer this question, but I can say that since I have been taking care of my hair the least amount of growth I have gotten in a MONTH has been half an inch.

I have to agree with you. The least amount I have ever grown was 1/2 an inch. Currently I say I will grow anywhere from 3/4 to an inch per month. Depends on the time of year I can get a little more. I take vitamins and do protein shakes and try to eat better and get more exercise. I plan on changing my vitamins, I recently found one better than what I have and plan on purchasing it in a couple of days. I have always been able to grow hair fast. The culprit was dying my hair usually trying to obtain a lighter color . This would mess up my hair everytime. From now on if I want a color job that requires me to go lighter I get it done professionally and maintain my hair's strength with light protein and good conditioning.

mzjones said:
I wish I could say that. My hair only grows 1/4" per month. I can only expect 3" per year and DREAM of 3.5" :ohwell:

I used to be in this category but over the past year, I seem to be averaging closer to 1/2". My hairs seems to slow down the first 3 or 4 weeks after a retouch. During this time frame I get no more than 1/4" inch no matter what I do (although for the first time this month, it appears to be different). Still evaluating.

VWVixxen said:
I used to be in this category but over the past year, I seem to be averaging closer to 1/2". My hairs seems to slow down the first 3 or 4 weeks after a retouch. During this time frame I get no more than 1/4" inch no matter what I do (although for the first time this month, it appears to be different). Still evaluating.

That is the same thing that happens to me especially the bolded part. I got my last relaxer on 4/1 and I am already seeing little waves coming in. Its not much but this has never happened before. I usually dont see the waves until the 5th maybe 6th week.

I voted 4-6 inches though I never measured in an appropriate weigh. I just looked at some pics I took exactly a year ago on my cell phone. My hair was almost exactly the same length. The reason is because every few months I would cut about 1/2 - 1" of hair. If I don't like the way my hair is growing out I will get the scissors out with no qualms. I was extremely tempted to get my scissors out a few days ago but I didn't. I really am trying my hardest to stick to the no cut challenge so I can see how long my hair will be by the end of the year. Pray for me...LOL :lachen:

*Bre~Bre* said:
I voted 4-6 inches though I never measured in an appropriate weigh. I just looked at some pics I took exactly a year ago on my cell phone. My hair was almost exactly the same length. The reason is because every few months I would cut about 1/2 - 1" of hair. If I don't like the way my hair is growing out I will get the scissors out with no qualms. I was extremely tempted to get my scissors out a few days ago but I didn't. I really am trying my hardest to stick to the no cut challenge so I can see how long my hair will be by the end of the year. Pray for me...LOL :lachen:

Step A-W-A-Y from the scissors!!

The least I've gotten is about 3 inches. .25 per month was pretty normal for me most of my life. I guess the cause was my scalp not being as healthy and stimulated as it is now that I rinse daily (I used to wash once per week). This past year I got about 7.5 inches of growth which is unheard of in my world :lol: Long live LHCF!

The least I've gotten is about 5 inches. On average, my hair grows .75 inches per month (a little less in the spring, a little more in the summer and fall). What caused it was an iron deficiency, but I religiously take my iron supplements now that I see a great improvement in the quality of my hair. Doctor's orders. :angel:

Even in my short spots (nape and hairline) I get atlease 4 inches a year... The only problem I can say Ive had is cutting it... my hair hardly ever breaks off or falls out. Ive never had that problem. Ive done things to it that have made it dry but its never fallen off. I have to cut it off :lol: I dotn knwo what it is but Ive pretty much tortured my hair over the years. Remembering soem of the stuff Ive done makes me wonder how I stil haev hair left on my head :nono:

Thanks for the replies ladies, this is encouraging. From the sound of it three inches by the end of the year should not be a problem :grin: .

I don't know why I am being so paranoid. I am so close to my goal I'm starting to worry about all the things that could go wrong like what if I have reached my terminal length (even though there are no signs of that) or what if the BSL stall strikes (again, no signs that that is going to be the case so far). I need to chill out and relax, but thanks for indulging me ladies;)

the least i got too is 3 inches:mad: my hair grows slow when i don t take nothing (0.25/mo :eek: )and now thanks to this board :grin: :p ;) and discovering vitamins and growth aids like minoval,mtg,wgo,msm and protein shakes and co washes and no heat i already grew 8inches( thanks to some months where i grew 2inches) and i m not even finished for the year:eek: i still have 2 months left before my first one year anniversary! yoopy lhcf rocks cant wait to see what s the final result. But i usually get the least amount of growth in one year when i dont take nothing no vits no nothing:mad: :cool:

ekomba said:
the least i got too is 3 inches:mad: my hair grows slow when i don t take nothing (0.25/mo :eek: )and now thanks to this board :grin: :p ;) and discovering vitamins and growth aids like minoval,mtg,wgo,msm and protein shakes and co washes and no heat i already grew 8inches( thanks to some months where i grew 2inches) and i m not even finished for the year:eek: i still have 2 months left before my first one year anniversary! yoopy lhcf rocks cant wait to see what s the final result. But i usually get the least amount of growth in one year when i dont take nothing no vits no nothing:mad: :cool:
Ekomba, you get amazing growth! I can't believe you are already at 8 inches! My system can't tolerate all the suppliments you take but girl it is clearly working for you; I can't wait to see your progress pics at the end of the year!

testimony777 said:
Ekomba, you get amazing growth! I can't believe you are already at 8 inches! My system can't tolerate all the suppliments you take but girl it is clearly working for you; I can't wait to see your progress pics at the end of the year!

Thanks Testimony777!:p i may use heat for the first time on my anniversary and maxiglide the whole thing just to see how it looks like hope i can retain everything till then cause i dont trim but i hardly get breakage thanks to the cowashes once or twice a week:D

right now my hair has stopped breaking and shedding, and is balanced, so i am seeing the growth. It is growing an average of 1-1.5 inches per month right now.

amorette said:
right now my hair has stopped breaking and shedding, and is balanced, so i am seeing the growth. It is growing an average of 1-1.5 inches per month right now.

WOW:eek: ! If I had your growth rate I would be at my goal before the close of the summer {{trying not to be envious...failing misrabley:D }}

Tee hee hee...:lol: Im just thankful that I am seeing the growth now, it was horrible knowing it was breaking as fast as it was growing before, but now that it is balanced, I can see the results. I am hoping it keeps up at this rate. I take alot of msm (12000mg), and then also all of my other vitamins and herbs, use sulfur and castor oil on my scalp, drink like 1-2 galons of water every day, and use heat only once every 8 weeks or so.

:shocked: do you have a fotki? i wanna see month by month pics! lawd hammercy!

For the people who voted 0 - 5 get thee to a Doctor....you must be referring to retention and not growth surely...... :perplexed:......

The least ever was 3 inches, but I was stressed and not eating well that year (this was almost a decade ago). My norm is 4-5 inches per year.

^^^ me too. I have always grown at least 6 inches per year, usually closer to 7 or 7.5.... I don't really measure exactly so I'm guessing here.

Some people have said vitamins aren't needed, but I found that once I began taking my hair vits religiously, my growth rate DID increase. I also drink water almost exclusively ( I have coffee every morning) and I suppose that may help too.

The key with hair, as with money, is retaining it!

Last year my hair grew incredibly slowly, and I believe it may have stopped growing at some points. My diet was very poor, I was not taking vitamins, I was not drinking anywhere close to enough water, and I had health problems. I started eating better near the end of the year, but I would guess that for the first 10 months-ish my hair grew 3-4" total. The overall length didn't get longer though b/c of breakage & trimming.

Since I discovered LCHF and have been taking vitamins, drinking water, and drinking protein shakes (with flaxseed oil and this green drink that involves chlorella, spirulina, wheatgrass, etc), my hair has been growing very quickly. I measured 1" of growth from the beginning of January. I am skeptical of this growth rate; I wonder if it is possible if my hair may be "stretching" more because it has gotten much smoother because of the techniques I am using. But no doubt it is growing very, very quickly now.

In the past, I have been "stuck" at various lengths for months/years. This was because of damage that resulted in breakage/trims though, not because it wasn't growing.

i voted 0. 2 years ago I had absolutely no growth progress, cause my hair was breaking as fast as it was growing.:sad:

Back