What is the difference between tex lax and under processed?

Danichoo

Thinking of going from relax to texlax...just checking i understand what it is before i sign up!

you just put it on and rinse it off? thats it?

I'm 4B proper zig zag and suffering nearly 8wp. i dont feel my hair is strong enough to relax at mo yet these braid outs are causing more harm than good as its too much manipulation evertime i get it wrong. see my blog for examples as I can never get photos uploaded to site.

xxx

Thinking of going from relax to texlax...just checking i understand what it is before i sign up!

you just put it on and rinse it off? thats it?

I'm 4B proper zig zag and suffering nearly 8wp. i dont feel my hair is strong enough to relax at mo yet these braid outs are causing more harm than good as its too much manipulation evertime i get it wrong. see my blog for examples as I can never get photos uploaded to site.

xxx

Texlaxing is just more controlled underprocessing. The idea is to leave a little of your natural curl pattern so that your hair has more fullness and strength.

The degree to which you "texlax" is your choice. For example, my hair will get bone straight in about 20 minutes with the relaxers I use. I process for 13-15 minutes instead now to make sure that my hair has a little texture left. When wet and rollerset, my hair looks perfectly straight but when you let it airdry, I have texture to it.

Underprocessing is texlaxing by MISTAKE...

It's really the same thing. A texlaxer just wants to do it and is aware that it's going to happen.

Also, if your hair is too weak to relax, I wouldn't texlax :nono: It's still relaxing!

Texlaxing is just more controlled underprocessing. The idea is to leave a little of your natural curl pattern so that your hair has more fullness and strength.

The degree to which you "texlax" is your choice. For example, my hair will get bone straight in about 20 minutes with the relaxers I use. I process for 13-15 minutes instead now to make sure that my hair has a little texture left. When wet and rollerset, my hair looks perfectly straight but when you let it airdry, I have texture to it.

Good answer. Also keep in mind processing time does depend on your hair and relaxer strength. I used to use mild w/a max processing time of 7 minutes.

Back