what is the crown glory braid technique?

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
I would like to put braids in my hair but i want to make sure that my hair doesnt break in the process and I read that someone used this technique and achieved 3.5 inches of growth? is this true? is it easy to do? how? I am a college student so I want to take care of my hair but I dont have the time to do it all the time so braids would be great. Sorry Im asking so many questions.

Luvhair

Welcome to the board. Carmenrose pointed you in the right direction of where to get started. If you need more information then come back and ask, there are plenty that use or have used this method successfully in growing their hair out.

Good Luck

actually I did go to that website but I still dont understand, it shows a couple of different pictures of braids so I dont understand which is which. does anyone have any pictures of them?

I think that the technique is basically to braid your hair. She has a whole listing of how to treat the braids before you use them, taking them out after two months, washing hair with braids and how to make the partings for the braids.

I don't really think any of that is new information. I think braids have always been a protective style which is why most hair tends to grow when braided.

I've been braiding my hair since july. In december I had about 3-5 inches of growth, I had previously gone blonde, so I could actually tell where the new growth was.

I think that's average growth really. If you do take supplements and you're on a high protein diet, you could probably get more.

Back