What is the best ....

zanna

no-lye relaxer for 3c-4a hair like mine? I self relax(I won't even try to self relax with a lye relaxer, I am scared). the reason I am asking that, is that the child relaxer beautiful beaginings, that I always used, seams not to take anymore, maybe because my hair is stronger due to better care and supplements.

Please girls let me know 'cause I really want to know what you your opinion. Pleeeeez!
drowning.gif

Zanna,

I don't use no-lye relaxers because they make my hair dry. I believe JRW uses Beautiful Beginnings too. Maybe she can offer you some other suggestions about no-lye 'kiddie' relaxers.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Please girls let me know 'cause I really want to know what you your opinion. Pleeeeez!

[/ QUOTE ]

Zanna I don't use relaxers anymore but longhairdiva uses a relaxer called Vigoral. I don't know if they make it in no-lye, but she swears by the brand
smile.gif
If you take a look at her pictures, it must be doing something right because she has the most beautiful head of knee-length relaxed hair I have ever seen. Sweetcocoa is right. She is the 'poster child' for healthy, relaxed hair! If I wasn't so in love with henna, I would go back to relaxing just because of her. She is truly inspirational
smile.gif

Ewww! I remember Vigorol as a little girl. If it's the same kind you speak of.... I cried everytime I got it because it stank so bad.... like rotten eggs.

Ewww! I remember Vigorol as a little girl. If it's the same kind you speak of.... I cried everytime I got it because it stank so bad.... like rotten eggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be true, but rotten eggs or not, that child got some of the baddest head of hair I've ever seen. I always say, nothing good comes without a price.

pmichael52172 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Re: What is the best ..

OOps! Sorry Iris, I accidentally deleted your post!
crazy.gif

Anyway, Iris was saying that the benefits of the vigorol far outweighed the smell.
smile.gif

pmichael52172 said:
still stunk when I got it as a little girl though!
smile.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, you are
nuts.gif
laugh.gif

Ladies it has come to the clubs attention that longhairdiva was indeed a troll...yes ladies...a troll.
spank.gif
Forget everything she said.

Faith said:
Ladies it has come to the clubs attention that longhairdiva was indeed a troll...yes ladies...a troll.
spank.gif
Forget everything she said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes indeedy.

I always got good results with the African Pride No-lye. In fact, I am 99% sure I am going back to it. (lye perms don't seem to work well for me).
I am sitting here right now with henna in my hair, and if that works well enough ( i don't relax bone straight anyway) I will probably just stick with that. but that's for the henna thread...

UmSumayyah said:I am sitting here right now with henna in my hair, and if that works well enough ( i don't relax bone straight anyway) I will probably just stick with that. but that's for the henna thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMK if you like the henna. I am looking for alternatives to my lye relaxer. I may try the coconut/lime juice recipe.

Back