What is the best Temperature of water for your hair ?

Temperature of water you usually use

• warm

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • cold

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • hot

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • warm and cold

Votes: 62 41.6%
  • it doesn't matter

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wash my hair in slightly warm water but when i deep condition, i use cold water to rinse it out. Sometimes i even put water in a pitcher with ice in it and pour it on my hair to rinse conditioner out.

I only use warm water.

I tried the cold final rinse twice and I didn't feel a difference so no more shock therapy for me. lol

I wash with warm water and do my final rinse with cool water. I tried to do my final rinse with cold water, but my hair didn't feel right afterwards. Cool water on the other hand does leave my hair softer, smoother and shinier looking.

I use warm water, or sheesh, even hot if I'm cold while I'm in the shower. For some reason, cold water makes my hair feel horrible.

I always use hot-warm water when I wash and after I condition. I tried the cold water deal but it didn't make a difference to me.

Only cold water I like is for drinking. I hate cold water on my body and hair. I dont like the way it makes my hair feel.

i pre-rinse my hair in hot-ish water (by pre-rinse i mean before i put on conditioner as well as before and after i cleanse)

as far as after conditioner...i used to do the cold rinse thing, but ive since started using warm water. not too hot, not too cool.

I use warm water to wash my hair, after putting on my conditioner I rinse with cold water. My hair initially didn't like being rinsed with cold water. My hair would get really hard, and as a result became very difficult to detangle. I stopped doing it for a while, then I started to wash in twists, and I decided to revisit cold water rinses. My hair loves it. I've noticed a difference in my hair, it looks shinier, smoother, and feels more moisturized after I do a cold water rinse. My hair still gets hard initially after doing the cold water rinse, but if I let my hair air dry for 10 minutes or towel blot my hair the hard effects go away and my hair softens up. I think the cold water puts my hair in shock and it needs some time to warm up again, but the beautifying effects still remain.

I'm still working on figuring this out, but I've had experiences like the above poster, however, my hair seems to like to start off with really warm water. I guess its that low-porosity issue and thats why my hair loves conditioner applied on dry hair and going under the steamer or sleeping overnight- since I my head will sweat alot with bag and all. But maybe I will re- try steaming first and then applying deep conditioner-steam again.

NikStarrr said:
I take steaming hot showers--so my hair gets the same temp. Don't think it's ever caused my hair any issues.

I take fire ball showers too (thats what my mom calls it lol) but I co-wash my hair last and rinse in the sink with luke warm-ish water but I use a dime size drop of my conditioner as a leave in + my actual leave in

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Back