What is the BEST DETANGLER for washing

I decided not to make this a poll b/c I don't know enough about detangler's to make one...:blush:lol! Here's the problem I am low manipulation I only detangle/comb my hair 2x a week and sometimes my hair just gets so tangly even though I'm washing my hair in sections. I've heard/seen people on this board talking about detangling rinses that helped them with NG and detangling in the shower. So I wanted to see what people were using to get a few ideas so I can purchase a really good one! Thanks ladies :look:

Latley Paul Mitchell the Rinse is doing the job for me. If you have thicker hair try Paul Mitchell the Detanlger, it has a pH of 3.0

Pantene Hydrating Rinse ( I just used it ten minutes ago to detangle the mess the previous conditioner had my hair in)

Also how are you guys using it? Do you rinse out your DC or CO wash and then apply it and then detangle or are you just putting it on top of your previous conditioner and detangling?

I use it only if the conditioner did a sucky job on my hair. I used it once to co-wash and it worked great. Versatile product. No shampoo necessary.

Also how are you guys using it? Do you rinse out your DC or CO wash and then apply it and then detangle or are you just putting it on top of your previous conditioner and detangling?

I rinse out my conditioner, apply a small amount of The Rinse, brush my teeth or wash my face and then rinse it out last.

I use Paul Mitchell, The Detangler. I use it as a rinse after I deep condition, so it's the last step in my shampoo routine. I leave it on for about 5 minutes while I am finishing up in the shower. I run my fingers through my hair first to get out any major snags. Sometimes I comb through under the water stream but most times I don't.

HTH

OMG ORS Replenishing Conditioner! This conditioner makes my hair feel like I just got a relaxer when I'm 22 weeks post relaxer. My sister is always trying to borrow it. She said she had to look on the showers floor to make sure her hair didn't fall out. :lachen:My sister is a BSL 4a/b with thick coarse strands of hair.

Also, Pantene's R&N Breakage Defense Conditioner makes my hair feel like silk it detangles so well.

Ive been using Nexxus Color Ensure Replenishing Conditioner Detangler it's pH 3, has ceramides-3 , and some other good ingredients. Im not color treated but I realy like it and it leaves my hair soft and silky and greatly detangles my hair.
I use it after I shampoo in the shower and leave it on my hair till I finishing washing up then rinse it out my hair. I alo use it after I rinse out my deep conditioner and leave it in for 5 min and rinse out.

Last edited:
A great conditioner wash detangler is Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. It has the best slip for my natural 4b hair!

Ive been using Nexxus Color Ensure Replenishing Conditioner Detangler it's pH 3, has ceramides-3 , and some other good ingredients. Im not color treated but I realy like it and it leaves my hair soft and silky and greatly detangles my hair.
I use it after I shampoo in the shower and leave it on my hair till I finishing washing up then rinse it out my hair. I alo use it after I rinse out my deep conditioner and leave it in for 5 min and rinse out.

I have this also and its great! Really does the job!:yep:

I use Joico Silk Results. I apply it after I rinse out my DC. I leave it in while I finish my shower. It's great for removing any tangles my DC missed + it helps seal the cuticles to lock in moisture from my DC.

I'm glad you all started this post because I self relaxed (Phyto Index II) with the help of my sister in Nov 2007, and I do it in sections...I do the front sections & she does the back...Needless to say, we didn't do a good job on the back....So, I'm not due for a touch-up until March 2008...So, it's hard detangling my hair, like I almost hate washing it...So, I'm going to try some of the products you ladies suggested...Next relaxer, I'm thinking about using Orangic Root Stimulator "Olive Oil" relaxer in Regular...Has anyone had good results with that? I believe it's No-Lye...

best detangler for washing i'm assuming that you mean shampoo and i say
good ol' faithful Creme of Nature!
conditioner wise ( i see some others listed conditioners) i'd say ORS replenish pak

HTH! Good luck!

Kids Organic Moisturizing Shea Butter Detangler was recommended in a previous thread....

I put it on dry hair and let it sit on for a few hours under a plastic shower cap.
I rinse my hair (no shampoo is needed) and no other product has ever detangled my hair like this stuff! Great for stretching relaxers.

Pantene Hydrating Rinse ( I just used it ten minutes ago to detangle the mess the previous conditioner had my hair in)

I have been using this lately and I love it! I also use PM The Detangler, HE Dangerously Straight, or diluted ORS Replenishing. All work great :yep:

Oh, yeah. I use the Ensure, also, but I couldn't remember the name. Too lazy to go look. Yeah, this is good stuff. I have the small size, too, but I definitely will be getting the bigger one. :yep: Sometimes I mix it with a little HydraSleek and it's even better!!

Oh, yeah. I use the Ensure, also, but I couldn't remember the name. Too lazy to go look. Yeah, this is good stuff. I have the small size, too, but I definitely will be getting the bigger one. :yep: Sometimes I mix it with a little HydraSleek and it's even better!!
writting down hydrasleek for next "to try"
Yeah Im loving the Ensure:drunk:
That stuff detangles and soften my hair like no other

Back