what is the best detangler for 3bish hair and how do I deal with it? bold cliffnotes

bellezanegra826

I decided to get a curly weave about a month ago as a protective style. I loved the hair when I first got it and believe that it is a relatively good grade of hair, not your run of the mill bss. I must admit that I have been super lazy and have only taken time to detangle the hair that I can actually see. I failed to detangle the hair at the base of my neck and now a month later, the last track at the base of my neck is matting up.. I got some suave detangling conditioner and detangling spray that does a relatively good job of detangling the hair, however, it makes the hair appear a bit dry after the product dries and when I go to bed the hair is either tangled a bit or droopy. I wrap the top of my head up with a scarf and sometimes I sleep in a shower cap with carefree curl activator or just a regular satin bonnet and I always sleep on a satin pillow case. Sometimes I use Garnier Fructise leave-in conditioning cream, but I don't like how it goes on the hair white and I have to wait for the color to go away. I know that lots of product is not good for weave hair, so I have been trying to avoid it, but my laziness with detangling has made it hard for me to resist globbing some random crap on in hopes that it will make the curls act right and the nape not to tangle. Most of the hair is not tangled, its just the hair in the back that no one can see. I'm a bit OCD, so even though no one can see its tangled, I know it is and I want all of the curls to be uniform. I have sprayed the hair with infusium 23 moisturologie, but I found that it makes the hair sticky, just like carefree curl and sta soft fro does. I don't use all of these products on the hair on the same days, they are just independent experiments that I have been trying over the last few days. Can someone recommend a good over the counter (as in I don't have to go online and order it) line of shampoo, leave in conditioner, moisturizer product, and detangler for 3bc texture hair? Also, can someone recommend a night time reggie so that when I wake up I don't have to go through the process of detangling and getting the curls to look right or is daily detangling something that I should be doing to make the hair look right? Should I put my hair in two braids and then do the baggie method to keep it moist and detangled while I sleep? If you don't feel like writing it all out and you can direct me to some fotkis or blogs, that would be great too! I know some people use distilled water and glycerin to spary on the hair, where can I get some glycerin and have you found that to be effective for moisture?

Re: what is the best detangler for 3bish hair and how do I deal with it? bold cliffno

when I have in model model indi afro hair

I find the the hair responed well to tresseme "smooth and silky" conditioner (it has alot of slip) . I would wash with any shampoo then let the conditioner sit 10 mins or so... I proceed to finger detangle in sections 1st then use a wide tooth comb

For leave in on my weave I used John friedas daily leave in its nice and light on the hair

both products could be found at walmart and both are like 3 bucks each

* U may want to break up the thread into chunks/ mini paragraphs....it will make the information easier to digest and you may receive more responses

good luck!

Last edited:
Back