WHAT IS THE BEST DEEP CONDITIONER???

kjeneen

I'm looking for a few suggestions on which deep conditioners to consider for my relaxed 4a/b hair.

I know about a few of the obvious choices (ORS Olive Oil Replenishing & Cholesterol w/Shea Butter) and they have worked fine in the past. But in upping my dc reggie, I was hoping to venture out a tad. Any suggestions??:perplexed

Last edited:
Paul Mitchell Super-charged moisturizer. I also have 4a/b hair and it gets very dry. This is the only thing that makes my hair feel like silk.

Are you looking for a deep conditioner that you can buy locally or online?

I like Yes to Carrots Hair Mask ($12.99 for 8 oz) and you can buy that at any local pharmacy.

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose has great ingredients and you can buy that at Whole Foods or The Vitamin Shoppe.

If I were to buy one online, I really like Hairveda's SitriNilla deep conditioner ($13.99 for 16 oz.)

Are you looking for a moisturizing DC or a protein DC?

I've been having a love affair with KeraCare Humecto for years now, and I love it. I do venture out to try others and so far the only other DC I have gone back to repeatedly other than my beloved Humecto is Yes 2 Carrots Mud Mask....Its great too, but no matter what I always go back to Humecto.

Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner is the best I've ever used on my 4b hair. Makes my hair feel like silk. When I use a little as a leave-in, my hair is so soft I can't even recognize it.

GVP Condition Balm (Sallys)
Giovanni Deep as Silk Conditioner (Whole Foods, Ulta)
Yes to Carrots Mask (Walgreens)
Aphogee 2 Minute Reconsturctor--light protein (Sallys)

I have or currently use all of these. My mix is Aphogee + GVP, or YTC, followed by Giovanni after I rinse my mix. Just for extra smooth silkiness. HTH :yep:

Last edited:
I think it depends on what you want your DC to accomplish. Once you figure that out, look at ingredients that can do you what you want. There are some ingredients that can penetrate (some oils, hydrolyzed proteins), some that strengthen and repair damage or fill in the gaps (proteins, polymers), some that make your hair feel smooth and silky (silicones), and some things that are used strictly for moisture.

I think once you research ingredients it will be easier for you to choose what will be "best" for you.

Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner is the best I've ever used on my 4b hair. Makes my hair feel like silk. When I use a little as a leave-in, my hair is so soft I can't even recognize it.

Elucence is great.

Shescentit Banana Brulee is a recent favorite of mine also.

Just wanted to add that Lustrasilk ($2.50) and some coconut oil + jojoba oil makes my hair feel awesome. And its so cheap!

Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor...

ITA - Aphogee 2 minute is great.

Paul Mitchell Super-charged moisturizer. I also have 4a/b hair and it gets very dry. This is the only thing that makes my hair feel like silk.

Want to try that.

Are you looking for a deep conditioner that you can buy locally or online?

I like Yes to Carrots Hair Mask ($12.99 for 8 oz) and you can buy that at any local pharmacy.

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose has great ingredients and you can buy that at Whole Foods or The Vitamin Shoppe.

If I were to buy one online, I really like Hairveda's SitriNilla deep conditioner ($13.99 for 16 oz.)

Oh, thanks for the list... Yes to Carrots sound really interesting.

Silk Elements MegaSilk Conditioner... It's heaven in a bottle, I've yet to find a better DC. Traycee did a review about it in her blog :lick: THE BEST DC OUT HERE!!!

GVP Conditioning Balm & Aussie Moist for sure..I mix them with oils, butters, indian powders, aloe vera gel, and more. They always do the trick! Try DC'ing overnight also, it really works.

Are you looking for a moisturizing DC or a protein DC?

I've been having a love affair with KeraCare Humecto for years now, and I love it. I do venture out to try others and so far the only other DC I have gone back to repeatedly other than my beloved Humecto is Yes 2 Carrots Mud Mask....Its great too, but no matter what I always go back to Humecto.
co signing...

Redken's Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask!!

I wrote a LENGTHY, detailed review on it (read it here) I was absolutely impressed. It's up there with some Aveda conditioners for me!

How do you like the EQP DPR 11 I almost bought the tub of it today, but didn't know if I should or not. I'm actually back to using some EQP products lately, and loving them.

I love it. I just tried it a few months ago and it's my favorite DC now. :yep: I remember seeing people post about it here on the board since I've been here but I never tried it until recently. I like that it's thick and creamy. It leaves my hair nice and soft.

I used to use Humectress all the time but once I went natural I started using that mostly as a leave in. Sometimes I use the ORS paks too. But I liked them both better on my relaxed hair.

moisture:
Matrix ultra hydrating mask (great for detangling also)
Pantene r&n mask (this conditioner could be my one and only)
redken smooth down butter treat (gotta have some redken)
Freeman's sea kelp (great moisture and inexpensive)
Nexxus Humectress (just wonderful, great detangler, leaves hair silky and soft)

Protein: Aphogee 2 minute (this stuff works wonders)

good thread!

Last edited:
GVP Condition Balm (Sallys)
Giovanni Deep as Silk Conditioner (Whole Foods, Ulta)
Yes to Carrots Mask (Walgreens)
Aphogee 2 Minute Reconsturctor--light protein (Sallys)

I have or currently use all of these. My mix is Aphogee + GVP, or YTC, followed by Giovanni after I rinse my mix. Just for extra smooth silkiness. HTH :yep:
this is my mix as well, plus grapeseed oil...then once i added raw honey on a whim and got the softest, most moisturized hair EVER!!
Just wanted to add that Lustrasilk ($2.50) and some coconut oil + jojoba oil makes my hair feel awesome. And its so cheap!
:yep: this used to be my staple. it is still my little sister's staple. she is a 4b natural.
GVP Conditioning Balm & Aussie Moist for sure..I mix them with oils, butters, indian powders, aloe vera gel, and more. They always do the trick! Try DC'ing overnight also, it really works.
ohhhh aussie moist is another great DC. sometimes i will use it in lieu of the GVP CB mix i described.

Back