What is the best blow dryer to buy?

YoursTrulyRE

I'm looking to buy a blow dryer that dries fairly quickly on either low or cold that includes a wide comb attachment.

I would be using it to lightly blow my hair out to make it easier to bun. (I have severe shrinkage).

I know I'm being really specific but any suggestions would help.

I have been letting my hair air dry since 2006, I stay away from the blow torches. I believe they all are pretty much the same, it's just hot air drying your hair. The technique and products you use while doing it is what makes the difference. To get your hair to dry faster and be softer while using the blow dryer use argan oil..... it helps the hair dry 40 to 50% faster...... I use it in my hair to air dry and it works really well.

Im trying to find out more about the Conair Infiniti Designer Blow dryer. Right now I use a regular conair w/comb attachment and it works great, but I want to have a back up or upgrade.

I don't use the nozzle blow dryers which seem to be pretty popular--they are so akward to handle. I end up w/less than desirable results. However, there are women and reviews on youtube where they use the nozzle blowdryer in one hand and a paddle brush or denman in the other. The results are better than I have ever seen w/a single blowdryer. I have considered going that route or at least trying it out. See saloncabelo on youtube. She has some good blowdry videos and recommendations

Even though I mostly air-dry my hair, I would say basically any hair drier that has a cold, warm, and hot setting is fine, and with a Cold Shot with it as well.

Even though I mostly air-dry my hair, I would say basically any hair drier that has a cold, warm, and hot setting is fine, and with a Cold Shot with it as well.

+1

I use a Gold-n-Hot that I got from Amazon. It has all of the qualities mentioned by Sassy. I use it with the comb (wider than it looks), concentrator, and blowup bonnet dryer on warm and cool because hot is just too hot for me. HTH.

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Hot-Gh22...E83K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1300279516&sr=8-3

I'm going to purchase the Conair Goldbird! it has ceramic technology, a cool shot button as well! Also comes with a comb attachment and another attachmment!

Im trying to find out more about the Conair Infiniti Designer Blow dryer. Right now I use a regular conair w/comb attachment and it works great, but I want to have a back up or upgrade. I don't use the nozzle blow dryers which seem to be pretty popular--they are so akward to handle. I end up w/less than desirable results. However, there are women and revies on youtube where they use the nozzle blowdryer in one hand and a paddle brush or denman in the other. The results are better than I have ever seen w/a single blowdryer. I have considered going that route or at least trying it out. See saloncabelo on youtube. She has some good videos and recommendations

Is this the dryer you are talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Infini...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1300287629&sr=8-1

I *love* my Twin Turbo 3200 ceramic/ionic hair dryer. It's the powerful dryer that they use in the dominican salons; only difference is that I make sure not to blowfry my hair like they do!

Yes, that's the one! Isaw it at sears and read the reviews and their mostly all good. Plus it is a very interesting looking contraption. Id like to hear more reviews here on lhcf or see more vids by natural women using this

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I tried that blowdryer. I didn't like the comb attachment. It was too shallow and bulky. :nono:

I use Babyliss whenever I do blowdry. Cold setting, and they do have a comb attachment. It is a bit pricey, but I love the tourmaline in it. I use it when I straighten.

I *love* my Twin Turbo 3200 ceramic/ionic hair dryer. It's the powerful dryer that they use in the dominican salons; only difference is that I make sure not to blowfry my hair like they do!

I agree its a real nice blow drier.

OP you should check out this thread... I hope you don't mind clicking these links

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=515727

Why you might want to invest in a blow drier with certain features...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=12462629&postcount=46

I just purchased a cheapie connair ionic at bed bath beyond with a comb attachment. I bought it coz the comb attachment slides into the nozzle securely and not over the nozzle. I also have a better connair ionic purchased about 7 years ago at costco - works fine but no comb. I don't understand what manufacturers have against including comb attachments in a selection of mid priced blow dryers. It's annoying that they are hard to find and the round brush, paddle brush techniques don't work well for hair that's very tightly coiled. Yet plenty of us use blow dryers too. Putting it out there coz I know the market/product development researchers watch hair and beauty boards for ideas.

Back