What is 'Sexy' Hair To You?

Ms Red

With Valentine's Day coming up I was wondering what your definition of 'SEXY' hair is? ;) Also, how will you be wearing your hair on V-Day? :)

I'm actually doing a practice run of a special occasion style so my "sexy " hair will be a swept bang with a slant part going in a bun w/ ribbon curls with some "added help"

Last edited:
Well, im in twist extensions so thats my valentine's day style. No need to do anything different to my hair.

Dont have a "sexy" hair

Last edited:
To me, sexy hair is clean, fragrant, soft, w/ body and movement and touchable. On V-day my hair will be maxiglided straight.

Long waves and I wish my hair was long enough to wear in a bun take it down and it justs flutters down past my shoulders in beautiful waves...ahhh...hard to describe but visualize the Pantene commercial and the vidal sassoon one somehow combined

I think sexy hair has lots of volume, that "just got out of bed" toussled look worn when hair is down or effortless looking up dos with wisps.

Not fair-- all of you have sexy hair already :)
My idea of sexy hair right now is a big curly fro/braidout. Big hair=sexy hair in my opinion!! Not sure what I'm doing to it for Valentine's day... might get some good ideas from this thread though!

Sexy hair for me is a big afro. I'm not doing anything special to my hair on Valentine's day, cause I don't have someone like that in my life. But if I did, I'd definitely break out the BAA for the occassion.

Whimsy said:
To me, sexy hair is clean, fragrant, soft, w/ body and movement and touchable. On V-day my hair will be maxiglided straight.

I agree with the bolded. Anything that is clean, not dry and raggedy at the ends gets my vote!

SerenityBreeze said:
I think sexy hair has lots of volume, that "just got out of bed" toussled look worn when hair is down or effortless looking up dos with wisps.

Yep, what she said!! :yep:

If DH is nice I'm going to indulge him by washing my hair and then letting it air dry loose, so I have a ton of careless looking curls and waves. He's soooo into messy uncombed curls it's ridiculous.:lol:

I think sexy hair is lightly scented, soft and silky, straight or curly doesn't matter. Sexy hair has to look inviting, so that people can't help but want top run their fingers through it. No stiff formal styles.

SerenityBreeze said:
Same here.:)

Yeah I agree with Camellia no "on purpose" hair. I guess on second thought, hair that the wearer loves is sexy bc I was really feeling Jill Scott's hair for a while. Its hair that makes you see the confidence of the woman..

sweetascocoa said:
Well, im in twist extensions so thats my valentine's day style. No need to do anything different to my hair.

Dont have a "sexy" hair

What I think is sexy hair completely depends on the person, but it always starts with healthy. I'm in twists too, but I'm planning to sex it up with some big ol' flowers.
Cherry032.jpg

Last edited:
IMO, sexy hair is touchable, swingy, bouncy, smells good, shiny, clean, healthy and looks beautiful.

I'll be wearing mine down with curls, or a wavy braidout or a side curly ponytail on V-day. :)

I would love to hear from the male LHCF members on what female sexy hair is to them too!;)

Isis said:
IMO, sexy hair is touchable, swingy, bouncy, smells good, shiny, clean, healthy and looks beautiful.

I'll be wearing mine down with curls, or a wavy braidout or a side curly ponytail on V-day. :)

I would love to hear from the male LHCF members on what female sexy hair is to them too!;)

yeah I agree with the small print

SerenityBreeze said:

Yes, Yes, Yes....tons of curls, big hair...

Sexy hair to me is the long w/ big waves or curls like Tyra and Megan Good wear. I like a nice swoop bang like Cassie's too. I think a lot of styles are sexy in their own way though.....I mean you can even make a bun sexy w/ the right accessories and outfit.

Back