What is prepoo

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
Is it the same as hot oil treatment and what products are good I have dry hair?

Is it the same as hot oil treatment and what products are good I have dry hair?
It's any process you do prior to washing your hair with shampoo. It can be a hot oil treatment. It can be a conditioning treatment. It can be many things.

You may want to communicate if your hair is relaxed or natural? Is your hair breaking or splitting? Does your hair overly tangle? Do you wear wigs, extensions, your natural hair, protective styles, braids? Etc. Once you assess your hair situation, then you can better determine what products might be beneficial.

Can you tell us as much about your hair as possible? The more we know, the more likely someone can help guide you to better understanding your hair, identifying what processes may help you and of course some products suggestions.

Relaxed hair but it has fell out in one specific area from when I had it natural so I know its not the relaxer. Seems to be growing back. I always use wide tooth comb to detangle everyday, boar bristle brush for smoothing and tiding up I don't really have any issue with how I style my hair as I leave it out it's short.

Last edited:
A prepoo is a hair treatment applied pre shampoo. It can be an oil or conditioner or both. There are many prepoo recipes depending on what your hair needs.

The goal is to protect the hair during the shampoo process and avoid stripping it. It can also be used for detangling the hair before washing it.

I like doing hot oil treatments with almond oil. Sometimes I layer it with a cheap conditioner before getting in the shower to shampoo.

Olaplex No 3 is an excellent prepoo, I leave it in overnight with great results. It’s preps the hair wonderfully for shampoo.

Back