Question What is Carcajada running in her siggy?

I went to the site attached to the image and read
that it is a gif showing how vulnerable our computers
are. They have several to choose from and customize.

wow...

I've seen these around in a lot of other forums. It only shows you your own information, and she can't see your information either.

And it is not allowed here. Sorry to be the party pooper here but I would rather people be angry at me than to think that someone is hijacking their information.

A thread before a PM? Wow. :nono: I took it down.

It only shows your information to you. No one else can see it. I can't see it, Nikos can't see it, no one. It's a gag and there is no way to see how vulnerable your computer is when no one can see your information but you. It's not a virus. It's not spyware.

Kiki0130, you didn't read the site correctly. It can't tell anyone how vulnerable your computer is. I liked my siggy and I hate I had to take it down because of ignorance. I respect Nikos' decision though.

A thread before a PM? Wow. :nono: I took it down.

It only shows your information to you. No one else can see it. I can't see it, Nikos can't see it, no one. It's a gag and there is no way to see how vulnerable your computer is when no one can see your information but you. It's not a virus. It's not spyware.

Kiki0130, you didn't read the site correctly. It can't tell anyone how vulnerable your computer is. I liked my siggy and I hate I had to take it down because of ignorance. I respect Nikos' decision though.

Carcajada, I seriously do not have a problem with that particular piece of code. As a matter of fact the person that first created that signature back in 2001 is a friend of mine and a very talented developer.

However back in 2004 I think we had some members that found out about it and were using that kind of signature. Then all hell broke loose. The members that were a bit more suspicious or not tech savvy were complaining about those signatures and were indeed concerned about their privacy.

The prudent thing to do was to not allow such signatures any more.

History lesson - end !

Thanks for taking it down. :)

Considering the responses in this thread, I believe you Nikos. And because of what you posted, I totally understand. :yep: Even if I didn't, I still would have taken it down because it's your call.

Back