what is a texturizer, and if its this........

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
<font color="purple"> </font> if its a well would some one just tell me what it is. is it something that makes your hair crinkly/ curly, can you go from a perm to that ( i've only had two perms so far ) and if its possible, and the texturizer makes my hair curly/crinkly , would it be safe to flat iron it? thanks

i have a texturizer. a texturizer just loosens the curl of you natural curl pattern. i have a picture of it in my 1st fotki albulm. i have flat ironed no problem!

A texturizer is a relaxer that you don't leave on a long as recommended. Since you don't leave it on as long, it doesn't straighten your hair all the way. You can go from relaxed to texturized, but only on the new growth, b/c once hair has been chemically straightened, there is no way to unstraighten the relaxed portion. So you would have to transition by texturizing your new growth.
smile.gif

How a texturizer will look on your own hair depends upon your hair type. Basically it's just slightly relaxing or loosening your natural hair pattern. So if you naturally have tight coils, it will make them looser and more manageable. You can't get out of a texturizer what you don't already have, so if your hair doesn't wave naturally, a texturizer won't make your hair wave. Hope this helps!
wink.gif

So is underprocessed hair the same as texturized hair??? Can u texturize with ANY relaxer???

I just got a relaxer on June 13 and I had a lot of new growth, more than I have ever had before getting a relaxer. I left it on for 10 minutes and it didnt make it bone straight...

Hmmmm....Since Im starting the bun challenge, I might transition from relaxed straight to texturized...
scratchchin.gif

Yes, poohbear it is. Except for some people texturized hair is shinier and less fuzzy than underprocessed. It can be underprocessed texturized too. For me anyway. When I use a mild relaxer, it is underprocessed in a texturized sort of way. For me this means that the curls aren't as smooth and shiny as they are when I use a regular or super, and they aren't as shrunken as when I was natural. This probably doesn't make any sense to anyone except me.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
Yes, poohbear it is. Except for some people texturized hair is shinier and less fuzzy than underprocessed. It can be underprocessed texturized too. For me anyway. When I use a mild relaxer, it is underprocessed in a texturized sort of way. For me this means that the curls aren't as smooth and shiny as they are when I use a regular or super, and they aren't as shrunken as when I was natural. This probably doesn't make any sense to anyone except me.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It does to me!!!
smile.gif
It's the secret code of the texturized heads!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
All are not created equal.
laugh.gif

Back