what is a good protein treatment?

JerriBlank

I am currently in braids. I have sooooo much new growth(big ups to robin and the crown and glory method!!:grin:)I have only had my braids in for a month,but i will have to take them down and redo them.Before i put them back up i'm going to do a deep condition and a protein treatment(which i have never done) and i need help and advice on wht a good one is.My ends when i have been taking down a couple of them so far are weak and need help.I think it may be possible that they are too moisturized and i wnt to go ahead and treat them to make them stronger. any ideas/suggestions? thanks ladies!

Any ot these would be good Aphogee hardcore,Aphogee two minute reconst,Nexxus Keraphix and Dual Tex

I love Aphogee, but its to strong for my hair. I mix it w/ORS olive oil replenishing pack w/plastic cap and no heat. My hair is strong and soft afterwards...

Im sorry if I might be straying from the topic, but I cant help but stop in and ask since you ladies seem to know about Protein Treatments.

I just picked up the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair and the Aphogee Reconstructor thinking I need a protein treatment, but Im not really sure if Im doing the right thing or making a mistake.

If I use the Aphogee balancing moisturizer after should I be worried about too much protein? I have been having some breakage when my hair is wet/moist because my relaxed hair is too elastic and mushy and I have gotten the feeling that what I need is protein, but I am not sure if what I have is too powerful for my hair. Plus I am transitioning and afraid that my NG doesnt really need all that protein.

I have NEVER had a protein treatment, however I think I have used styling products and daily conditioners that have had it before. Is this different?

Im sorry if I might be straying from the topic, but I cant help but stop in and ask since you ladies seem to know about Protein Treatments.

I just picked up the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair and the Aphogee Reconstructor thinking I need a protein treatment, but Im not really sure if Im doing the right thing or making a mistake.

If I use the Aphogee balancing moisturizer after should I be worried about too much protein? I have been having some breakage when my hair is wet/moist because my relaxed hair is too elastic and mushy and I have gotten the feeling that what I need is protein, but I am not sure if what I have is too powerful for my hair. Plus I am transitioning and afraid that my NG doesnt really need all that protein.

I have NEVER had a protein treatment, however I think I have used styling products and daily conditioners that have had it before. Is this different?

After an Aphogee treatment (the one that only allows you to do it every 6 weeks or so) you are going to need a great DC. I have found that the Aphogee line is not strong enough for that, in my opinion. I have to use something else and mix it with some other things. I haven't done a treatment in a while because I henna, but I normally use my laklair cholestral conditioner mixed with Elasta DR-11 and let that sit for some hours. Protein treatments can really take your hair for run, so you are going to need to up the moisturizing....

After an Aphogee treatment (the one that only allows you to do it every 6 weeks or so) you are going to need a great DC. I have found that the Aphogee line is not strong enough for that, in my opinion. I have to use something else and mix it with some other things. I haven't done a treatment in a while because I henna, but I normally use my laklair cholestral conditioner mixed with Elasta DR-11 and let that sit for some hours. Protein treatments can really take your hair for run, so you are going to need to up the moisturizing....

ITA. You will need a strong moisturizer after hardcore protein treatment. Keracare humecto is great. Creame of Nature conditioner will do fine also.

To be honest I do not find the balancing moisturizer to be enough after that hard core protein treatment. I would suggest you try another deep moisturizing conditioner to use after that hard care treatment.

The 2 times that I used the balancing moisturizer I ended up with a big puff or hard hair:nono::nono:

To be honest I do not find the balancing moisturizer to be enough after that hard core protein treatment. I would suggest you try another deep moisturizing conditioner to use after that hard care treatment.

The 2 times that I used the balancing moisturizer I ended up with a big puff or hard hair:nono::nono:

If I use Neutrogina Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask after, will that help? I planned on mixing it with the balancing moisturizer, and using it every wash after that. I also bought Herlal Essences Replenishing COnditioner (it really helps keep my hair moisturized because its so thick) and plan to use that every wash as well.

Is my hair going to fall out if I use this Aphogee stuff?:sad: Now yall got me scared talkin about hard hair and stuff. Were you able to recover from this afterward?

Is my hair going to fall out if I use this Aphogee stuff?:sad: Now yall got me scared talkin about hard hair and stuff. Were you able to recover from this afterward?

This time round, I've done two hard ApHogee treatments. My hair hasn't fallen out. It's just gotten stronger each time.

I didn't like the Balancing Moisturizer either. Ended up returning it to Sallys after my first treatment.

Most important things are to let it get hard on your hair and don't touch it at all. When you go to rinse, just let the water soften it all up before you touch it. Then, make sure you use moisturizing conditioners. I use three, the first one, Motions Moisture Plus (tub), for 10-15 minutes with a plastic cap. After that comes a DC with ORS Replenishing (bottle), mixed with Sallys Generic Humectress. It's left on for 20-30 minutes w/plastic cap and heat.

wow ladies!thanks for all the help and info! i have one more question? do you think that a mixture of miss key 10 en 1,silicon mix,and praital conditioning cream treatment would be a sufficient enough good deep conditioner for after my protein treatment? either a mixture of two or all three or just one of them separately? I know this seems like too much but i've heard that these protein treatments are no joke and i want to prepare myself for hard hair battle:grin:.please let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
Back