What is a FARS?

What is a FARS? Please explain with details. Could a regular barrel curling iron or ceramic iron be used? Any information would greatly be appreciated!

I am a lurker who has greatly enjoyed reading the forums. The information is wonderful. Currently, I am 5 weeks post perm (last perm on 3/4/2006). Although my hair is in excellent condition, I am soley interested in obtaining great length. I have taken pictures of the transition since the last perm and will post them soon. Thank you.:D

Melanie

Its a "Fake A** Roller Set" :lachen: --- done with a curling iron rather than a head of rollers. Someone's album has pics of one they did-- I'm having a time thinking of who it was though.:lol:

oooooooooh.. :D thanks!!! guess I have to wait until September to try it since i'm on the No-Heat challenge.. think it could work with carusos?

HeHeHe

Just go to my 2006 album and you can see pics of it

and sistaslick explained it perfect. I use a 1 1/2 or 2 inch barrelled curling iron and just do my whole head in spiral curls :D

Like in my siggy :)

KhandiB said:
HeHeHe

Just go to my 2006 album and you can see pics of it

and sistaslick explained it perfect. I use a 1 1/2 or 2 inch barrelled curling iron and just do my whole head in spiral curls :D

Like in my siggy :)

Lol, Your FARS is getting popular !

the FARS is khandib's fotki is pretty.

Does she just curl with an iron and put a roller on it?

That FARS looks wonderful! :) This is the first time i've ever heard that term (lol).

Would you say that the curls last just as long as a roller set would, or do they fall out sooner? Did you use a holding spritz of some sort? Dang, I would try this, but I am paranoid of that direct heat. Maybe i'll treat myself to it one day.....

:look: I dont know why it is called a FARS. :confused: Why can't it just be called curls from a curling iron? It doesn't look like a rollerset to me.

Back