What ingredients are protein?

letitgrow0702

I just read a thread that said that Cantu leave in contains protein which I did not realize. I was alternating between this and Salerm 21 with protein to avoid too much protein. Low and behold cantu contains it. Can you tell me what ingredients are actually protein? TIA

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PPG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

I feel that on the whole, people can be too scared of protein. With these amounts and types of protein, I would not worry about protein overload. UNLESS your hair is extremely sensitive to protein.

Too much protein breaks your hair and makes it very dry and brittle. to stop this you need to deep condition often until its repaired.

I think that Soybean oil also has protein "qualities" in it. I say this because soybeans are very very protein rich foods.

I guess I was a little confused. I thought that one of those big long words actually was a form of protein. I didn't know it would actually say protein. Thanks ladies!

Back