What I decided!!!

Faith

HI Ladies,

I was undecided about what to do with my hair and I posted a couple times on what I wanted to do, etc. Well, I decided last Friday to texturize. I texturized 18 weeks after my last "relaxer" (October 9th). I had to be honest with myself. 100% natural doesn't work for me. We tend to romanticize things once they are gone BUT being realistic I realized that natural hair wasn't easy for me to deal with. On the other hand relaxed hair doesn't work for me either. My hair tangles more and breaks more. So I went with option C. I texturized. I used Affirm mild with EVOO for 18 minutes (each section..I had 4). My hair came out looking about 50-50. It looks like I blowdried my afro on low heat. I had about 3" or so of afro so my roots looks THICK and dark and wavy. Looks healthy. I'm happy with the decision...it's something I can live with..lol.

So my goal now is to maintain my hair where it is now (my waist) and grow out my natural layers. I've also come up with some things to follow for 2006 to turn my hair's thickness around and already I'm seeing results. Believe it or not one of my horrible habits was combing from the roots down and not in sections(*GASP* I know....:look:). I started combing from ends up and in sections and my hair is responding very well. Hardly any breaks. Having been on hair boards for 7 years I should know better (too lazy sometimes I guess)

As I'm sitting heere typing this I can't help playing with my hair. It's soft and it's long and getting healthier again. Those who gave me tips (you know who you are)...thanks :)

Last edited:
Faith, where are the pics girl? i wanna see your waist-length hair. congrats on your decision i'm glad your happier with your hair now.

Thanks ladies :)

Den, I didn't take any pics. I'm having camera issues. I don't know when I will but when I do I'll post it :)

I'm happy that you're happy! I enjoy being texturized. It's suits my hair goals. The only thing I dont understand is the mixing with evoo vs using a milder relaxer with less processing time. I've seen other memebers that mix too. Can you tell me what the difference is?
Whatever works for you as long as you achieve long beautiful hair.;)

littleaudie said:
I'm happy that you're happy! I enjoy being texturized. It's suits my hair goals. The only thing I dont understand is the mixing with evoo vs using a milder relaxer with less processing time. I've seen other memebers that mix too. Can you tell me what the difference is?
Whatever works for you as long as you achieve long beautiful hair.;)
Thanks ayoung and divinefavor :)

Littleaudie, it was the first time I had added EVOO. I wanted to see what it would do..lol. My hair felt softer that's for sure. In this instance I didn't do it to make it milder...just wanted to see what it does.
When I use up my Mizani Regular I will use the EVOO to try and make it milder since I find it starts tingling too early and it doesn't get enough time to process before I'm itching to rinse.

Hope that answered your question :)

Back