What has your natural hair taught you?...I have learned something about my hair.

It took a while for me to get it...

I've learned that my napps and peas can be dry and brittle or lush and curly depending on how I take care of them.

That natural hair, mine or anyone else's is beautiful.

Whether I go back to relaxing or continue being natural, relaxing will now be because I want to for a style NOT to apologize for my texture.

If I remain natural it's not to make a statement or about a "lifestyle"...it will be because I feel like.

Being natural taught me to really see myself SANS hair.

Being natural has helped me know why I had a problem with the hair on the back of my head when I was relaxed. I have discovered that the texture on the back of my head is very very different from the rest of my head.
I have very soft, not so thick hair at the back and very course hair in the middle and medium/course hair in the front.
When I self relaxed I always started in the back....big mistake, I should have always started in the middle. I am amazed at how hair texture can be so different on one head. If I ever go back to relaxing, I will keep this in mind and maybe at that point my hair would be healthier.
Anyway, this is what I have learned about my natural hair so far.

Thank you ladies
WOOOOOW!!! You totally just named my EXACT same head of hair lol!! I guess you just gave me a reason why I had that problem also.

Being natural has taught me that my hair can be many different things depending on how I treat it. It has also taught me that my natural texture is beautiful.

WOOOOOW!!! You totally just named my EXACT same head of hair lol!! I guess you just gave me a reason why I had that problem also.

Being natural has taught me that my hair can be many different things depending on how I treat it. It has also taught me that my natural texture is beautiful.
you too huh? We must be related somehow. I could not figure this out when I was relaxed.
I think things would be different if I choose to relax again.

Back