What happens when your protective styling starts getting tangles??

tatje

I noticed thatmy protective styling now is getting tangles and knotted up. I don't understand it. I never had this problem. Is it because my hair is getting longer? Oh and also I see alot of shedding. Not breakage, just shedding. Extremely too much for me. I do not comb or brush, and I never had this problem before. I was pulling out so much hair I thought I was bald somewhere, but checked my head and everything seemed fine. What do you do?

I noticed thatmy protective styling now is getting tangles and knotted up. I don't understand it. I never had this problem. Is it because my hair is getting longer? Oh and also I see alot of shedding. Not breakage, just shedding. Extremely too much for me. I do not comb or brush, and I never had this problem before. I was pulling out so much hair I thought I was bald somewhere, but checked my head and everything seemed fine. What do you do?
It sounds like your tangles and shedding is due to a lack of moisture, in my opinion. You may want to try moisturizing your hair a little more on a daily basis. When I where protective styles, I take down my hair every night and mist, moisturize and seal with oil. Misting helps lossen any tangles of there are any.

What protective style are you doing?

It sounds like your tangles and shedding is due to a lack of moisture, in my opinion. You may want to try moisturizing your hair a little more on a daily basis. When I where protective styles, I take down my hair every night and mist, moisturize and seal with oil. Misting helps lossen any tangles of there are any.

What protective style are you doing?

Thanks KECLEE i seemed to be having the same problem with the back of my head.;);););).....Thats makes sense,i will start doing that on a daily basis now.

Ive been getting more tangles and knotting as well. I also wear a bun as a protective style. However, I noticed my tangles and knots appear after my wash day. Im gonna start back washing in braids since Im 13 weeks post my hair tangles and knots up a lot more. :mad:

Back