WHAT HAPPENED????

diamondlady

I decided (once again) to transition. I was getting good growth but my hair was getting very thin. I decided to transition again. I made it 8 months before I gave in and relaxed. During this time I did a lot of braid-outs, washed and conditioned as usual. After relaxing and straightening, I found the left side, long, thick and beautiful while the right side is all chewed up, shedding with thin ends and knots every where. Now I'm lost and not sure what's wrong.

I decided to give myself a good trim, ever though the left side of my head didn't seem to need it the right side was so much shorter especially after I trimmed those chewed up end, that I decided to trim the the left side too. My hair feels much better but the right side still looks and feels rough.

Awww, I cant believe you went that long and gave up. I'd be pissed as hell.

But you can always try again.

Was your hair chewed up BEFORE the relaxer or do you think the relaxer gave all that damage?

You must sleep on your right side or are you right handed?

I can't see how the relaxer would have chewed up my hair since I only placed it on the new growth. My hair seem to do well with no heat, no relaxer and just braid out and it seemed to be thicker near the roots even now.

I'm right handed but I sleep all over the bed on both sides. I move and turn a lot at night so I sleep on both sides, probably the right more.

Each time I try to transition, I go a little longer and a little longer. Last time I went 6 months and this time I went 8 months, maybe next time I'll suceed.

Back