What Hair Multi Vitamin are you taking???

RabiaElaine

My GNC UltraNourishair just finished...trying to decide if I want to stick with it...Just thought I'd check what other ladies on here are taking at this point.

Thanks

Rabia:)

JLove74 said:
I'm taking Nourishair too, I'm thinking of going with Nioxin Recharge - it seems to get good reviews.

Yeah, thats what made me switch to it.... I was hearing such phenomenal reviews across the board. :D I was initially taking Nexxus Vitatress, which was "alright".... I definitely noticed a new strength in my fingernails. They've never been so long. But not certain if it was making a difference with my hair. Either way, im gonna try the Nioxin now.... I found a good seller on eBay and bought a 3 month supply. :lol:

marie170 said:
I took these for awhile too but I wish there was more to a bottle.

Yeah, i know what u mean. I bought 3 90-caplet bottles.... so it should last me a few months. I do wish the bottle was larger though. The eBayer seller that i found was hella cheap though, so i def. got a good deal. :)

I take One Source multi-vitamin, 1 horsetail (gnc), 1 Ester C, 1 Iron pill, 1 Zinc pill and 1500 mg of MSM everyday. It's working wonders!

Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin & Nails. My husband's coworker swears by it. I'm not as consistent as I'd like to be, but I have noticed my nails are growing like crazy, and I have gotten some decent growth.

I am thinking about switching to Nioxin Recharging Complex when I'm done.

KiniKakes said:
Yeah, i know what u mean. I bought 3 90-caplet bottles.... so it should last me a few months. I do wish the bottle was larger though. The eBayer seller that i found was hella cheap though, so i def. got a good deal. :)

do you mind sharing your seller name/info?

I just started these recently. Did you have good results with GNC Ultra NourishHair? I've tried Nioxin and they most definitely are great. Switched over to GNC just to test it out since these contain MSM. What's your take on GNC Ultra Nourish?

you know it's hard to say if it's helping. between the MTG, Surge, MN and all these other concoctions - I don't know which is providing help with hair growth - the pills or topicals! I'm all confused;)

Am I the only one that thinks this.

comike said:
I just started these recently. Did you have good results with GNC Ultra NourishHair? I've tried Nioxin and they most definitely are great. Switched over to GNC just to test it out since these contain MSM. What's your take on GNC Ultra Nourish?

Personally I prefer these over the Nioxin due to some of the ingredients and the quantity.

JLove74 said:
you know it's hard to say if it's helping. between the MTG, Surge, MN and all these other concoctions - I don't know which is providing help with hair growth - the pills or topicals! I'm all confused;)

It is hard to really pin down what is stimulating the growth. I do know that I have experienced more growth since the MN.

JLove74 said:

Yeah, i know what u mean. But since out of everything i used the MTG most consistently, i tend to attribute my growth spurts to that. The vitamins and other things i used more inconsistently. Toward the end, i was def. taking the vitamins regularly, but i had gotten the growth spurt long before that.

I think its important for me to take a vitamin of some sort because i know for sure that my daily diet isnt what it should be..... and so the vitamins are getting me those important nutrients that i might otherwise be missing from my diet. Vitamins are important in keeping the hair and body in optimal health, and we all know that overall health is the first step to achieving healthy hair.

So i guess its less important to me *what* vitamin i'm taking.... as long as im ingesting some multi-vitamin.

I never really experienced much growth with Ultranourishair. Odd... However, I DID experience quite a bit of growth with GNC hair skin and nails + 1 2500mcg biotin tablet/day. :yep: That was growing my nails like crazy! :spinning: I figure, if my nails were growing really well, then my hair must have been growing too! :up:

I think I will stick to 2,000 mg of MSM, two 2500 mcg biotin tablets, and 1 women's one-a-day tablet per day since the Hair skin and nails pills were kind of big.

KiniKakes said:
Yeah, i know what u mean. But since out of everything i used the MTG most consistently, i tend to attribute my growth spurts to that. The vitamins and other things i used more inconsistently. Toward the end, i was def. taking the vitamins regularly, but i had gotten the growth spurt long before that.

I think its important for me to take a vitamin of some sort because i know for sure that my daily diet isnt what it should be..... and so the vitamins are getting me those important nutrients that i might otherwise be missing from my diet. Vitamins are important in keeping the hair and body in optimal health, and we all know that overall health is the first step to achieving healthy hair.

So i guess its less important to me *what* vitamin i'm taking.... as long as im ingesting some multi-vitamin.

I totally agree.

A hairdresser I know takes the Nioxin vitamins. She told me she takes them because at a certain point in life all women should be taking a vitamin for their hair to keep it in optimal health. She said in general the older women get the thinner our hair gets and it doesn't grow as quickly. She says vitamins help fight against this aging process, especially since most people don't injest all that our bodies need food.

RabiaElaine said:
I totally agree.

A hairdresser I know takes the Nioxin vitamins. She told me she takes them because at a certain point in life all women should be taking a vitamin for their hair to keep it in optimal health. She said in general the older women get the thinner our hair gets and it doesn't grow as quickly. She says vitamins help fight against this aging process, especially since most people don't injest all that our bodies need food.

YUP, a stylist told me that very same thing. :D Thats really good information to know, right?

Back