What Hair Changes Have You Noticed W/ Colored Hair?

How has semi-permanent color affected your hair?

• Total voters

HairGurl

Good evening ladies,

I'm thinking about dying my hair black again. Well...i'm almost positive I'm going to dye it black this Friday.:drunk: I had black hair for about year or so before I highlighted it with a semi permanent color which was a light brownish color. About 95% of that color is gone and now I want to dye it black again (using semi-permanent) and I wanted to know what changes have you noticed in your colored hair? Has it been drier, improved in strength, etc??? I want to know it all so I can be ready for it!:grin:

I've dyed my hair black permanently and i would never do it again....only rinses and semi-perms for me...It made my hair super super super dry and i always had to do so much to get the moisture back; thankfully i have it under control now, but never again

ooops! i didn't pay attention to the semi permanent part. i voted for dryness and breakage but need to retract that. sorry:ohwell:

I got a color almost two years ago and I'm still having to trim it out. It made my hair extremely dry and that caused it to break. As for rinses, they never affected my hair this way, they only made my hair shinier. But, after getting that color in my hair I always say putting color in my hair would be like shaving it all off, cuz its gonna eventually break off. But that's just me.

I've dyed my hair black permanently and i would never do it again....only rinses and semi-perms for me...It made my hair super super super dry and i always had to do so much to get the moisture back; thankfully i have it under control now, but never again

Yeah I'm too scared to do permanent!

I got a color almost two years ago and I'm still having to trim it out. It made my hair extremely dry and that caused it to break. As for rinses, they never affected my hair this way, they only made my hair shinier. But, after getting that color in my hair I always say putting color in my hair would be like shaving it all off, cuz its gonna eventually break off. But that's just me.

Yeah, I got semi-permanent color almost 2 years ago too and it's still at the tips of some of my strands...since they were highlights I had MAJOR dryness.:nono:

I've noticed no adverse effects since getting permanent color. My hair is thriving, what has helped me is using shampoos and conditioners specifically formulated for color treated hair, getting a shower filter and upping my protein treatments. Since increasing my protein treatments my hair has been doing well. I was scared of getting permanent color too but henna wasn't cutting it (made my hair way dry) and rinses were too temporary.

I stopped coloring my hair because it was just so damaging for me. My stylist would give me warning after warning but I just had to have those highlights (I really do miss them). She used color treated shampoo/conditioner but my hair was still super dry and brittle. I upped my protein and deep conditioned twice a week but it was still a constant struggle to keep my hair on my head. It took awhile for them to grow out but they finally have and I wouldn't do it again. Now I just get rinses to color/cover my gray hairs. Good luck to you.

I've noticed no adverse effects since getting permanent color. My hair is thriving, what has helped me is using shampoos and conditioners specifically formulated for color treated hair, getting a shower filter and upping my protein treatments. Since increasing my protein treatments my hair has been doing well. I was scared of getting permanent color too but henna wasn't cutting it (made my hair way dry) and rinses were too temporary.

That's exactly what I'm going to do-increase my protein treatments!

I stopped coloring my hair because it was just so damaging for me. My stylist would give me warning after warning but I just had to have those highlights (I really do miss them). She used color treated shampoo/conditioner but my hair was still super dry and brittle. I upped my protein and deep conditioned twice a week but it was still a constant struggle to keep my hair on my head. It took awhile for them to grow out but they finally have and I wouldn't do it again. Now I just get rinses to color/cover my gray hairs. Good luck to you.

Those highlights i had in my hair in 07 just grew to the tips. They made my hair brittle too and i will never get them again.:nono:

Back