What Does LHCF Feel about AVEDA's Beautifying Composition Oil?

MizaniMami

Pic for the visual ladies:

av_A0TK_162.jpg

What AVEDA says about the oil:
Helps seal in moisture after bathing or during massage with a rich, aromatic, conditioning body oil for dry skin, hair and scalp. Contains jojoba oil and a blend of essences, including rosemary and bergamot.
  • Relieves dryness and restores moisture
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and supple
Ingredients (I don't know if these is in correct order, but I got it from some lady's [who swears by this stuff] website):
Jojoba (Buxus Chinesis) Oil as well as extracts of Arnica Montana, Comfrey (Symphytum Officinale) Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia), Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) Oil, Rosemary Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E) and Fragrance.

I am stopping by AVEDA in about an hour to get a free sample. Let me know how you ladies like it and how you are using it?

I used to use it to wrap my hair at night when it looked a bit dull. I liked it. A small amount went a long way. And the bottle lasted about 150 years. :lol:

I bought it originally to put on my face, but did not care for it as a face oil. Worked better for shine on the hair.

I've never tried it but it looks like a nice natural mix of oil and extracts. I'm trying hard to keep from buying anything else right now, but I've always liked Aveda products and I'm going to have to replenish my supply soon. Maybe I'll try the oil when I go stock up.

Couldn't this product be made at home for much less than the retail cost? Looks like all these oils could be purchased at a health food store, although one would have to guess on the measurements.

RelaxerRehab said:
Couldn't this product be made at home for much less than the retail cost? Looks like all these oils could be purchased at a health food store, although one would have to guess on the measurements.

Very true! But it would more expensive, because you have to find the extracts too. And that's a challenge I am not up for.

I use it. I like it. I alternate between it and the WGHO. The Aveda oil has a much better scent. I also use it as an alternative to the Aveda Emollient Gloss to give your hair a little shine.

Last edited:
It's a very nice oil and a little goes a long way. I have to pull mine out tonight. Thanks for mentioning this one. I also like the Keracare Essential Oils for the Hair.

I loove this. I usually put it in my hair before I wash. It makes it soft and shiny. I also used on my feet in the winter!!!:p It really last long because a little goes a long way. I have put in my hair before I rollerset and it was really bouncy and moisturized! I use alot of aveda stuff and it is well worth every penny!!:) It works really well with the adr treatment. When i add some to it, it really seals the moisture in my hair. I do that once a week.

Last edited:
aliajp said:
I loove this. I usually put it in my hair before I wash. It makes it soft and shiny. I also used on my feet in the winter!!!:p It really last long because a little goes a long way. I have put in my hair before I rollerset and it was really bouncy and moisturized! I use alot of aveda stuff and it is well worth every penny!!:) It works really well with the adr treatment. When i add some to it, it really seals the moisture in my hair. I do that once a week.

I got some samples today so i plan on adding it to my ADR Treat and to seal my leave-in. i am so excited!:lol:

Also, another good one is bodyshop Manoi oil. This is very good too. I like it as a pre-shampoo and for relaxing a bath. I put it in my hair and hop in a steaming bath for about 45- 1 hour, then turn the shower on and wash. It is not badly priced either! i think I paid $20 for 150 ml.

I use this daily to add shine/manageability. My hair loves this stuff. When used w/my Chi, it adds lustre/body & makes my hair so soft. I'm not sure if this is the same oil used during the Damage Remedy Renewal treatment it looks darker :look:

aliajp said:
Also, another good one is bodyshop Manoi oil. This is very good too. I like it as a pre-shampoo and for relaxing a bath. I put it in my hair and hop in a steaming bath for about 45- 1 hour, then turn the shower on and wash. It is not badly priced either! i think I paid $20 for 150 ml.

Thank you for the rec. You got me over here slobbering your hair is so beautiful!

Back