What Does It Mean When Your Hair Doesnt

KhandiB

Hold Color..

I dyed my hair about a month and a half ago...
Permanant Dye..
Black...
and I see brown all up and through my head...

:lol:

KhandiB said:
Hold Color..

I dyed my hair about a month and a half ago...
Permanant Dye..
Black...
and I see brown all up and through my head...

:lol:
Did you do it yourself? Did you get ALL of your hair? Maybe it wasn't all covered properly. Just a thought.

Im pretty sure I did, it isnt the first time that this has happened to me..
Im just gonna quit doin it :lol:

Going light isnt a problem.. but its the black color I have had issues with for years

I had a really bad dye -job (by a professional at that) and had to have corrective color done that same weekend. My hair was so damaged by the first stylist that the 2nd color didn't keep as long as expected. My (new and improved) stylist told me that my hair was too porous and I would have to have a series of appointments before the color would 'take'. I was skeptical at first, but after a few appointments with her, my hair finally kept the dark brown color I was going for.

I think the relaxer is the culprit! Bigen has been getting great reviews around here lately. And I don't think that it's expensive. One person recommended getting 2 packages for people with thickness or lenght!
*cough, cough*khandiB*cough, cough*

Heeeeeee..

Ok Bigen can be used with relaxer?? I swear someone told me they had ill effects doing that...

Im not really that pressed anymore, At least its not green anymore :lol:

I just looked at the thread and most of the ladies using bigen were relaxed. I didn't see anyone listing ill effects from it

Khalia27 said:
I had a really bad dye -job (by a professional at that) and had to have corrective color done that same weekend. My hair was so damaged by the first stylist that the 2nd color didn't keep as long as expected. My (new and improved) stylist told me that my hair was too porous and I would have to have a series of appointments before the color would 'take'. I was skeptical at first, but after a few appointments with her, my hair finally kept the dark brown color I was going for.

Hmm thats interesting....I think I just read in another thread that if your hair is more porous it would take things like relaxer and color better (therefore you would leave it on for a shorter period of time)....Healthier hair would me more resistant...now im confused :perplexed

but damaged hair has cuticles that are open and not flat like healthy hair, so the color may stain, but the molecules slip right back out because the cuticles are either damaged or the hair is so porous. HTH.

Thanks girl, :)

I guess I just know my hair is porous..

Needs me some Porosity Control.. :D

crlsweetie912 said:
I just looked at the thread and most of the ladies using bigen were relaxed. I didn't see anyone listing ill effects from it

crlsweetie912 said:
but damaged hair has cuticles that are open and not flat like healthy hair, so the color may stain, but the molecules slip right back out because the cuticles are either damaged or the hair is so porous. HTH.

Makes sense!! Thanks

I am thinking about adding color or highlights to my hair....but I am so scared of damaging my hair that I don't think I would have the guts....Plus my hair is very porous....

The same exact thing happened to me with black dye. I know I did my full head, but a few washes later, I was seeing brown....

Maybe it's the dye, because if lighter color holds (asit has done on my hair, too), then it seems that would indicate that it's something about the dye or the particular color family....

Could mean buildup prevented the color from reaching in the interior? Did you clarify first? It could also mean your hair's porosity is low, meaning the color never got in. A product like Porosity Control before and after coloring could help.

ETA: Hard water also fades color.

Last edited:
Bigen is an excellent dye that doesnt have a greenish tint to it all. I did need two boxes as well. The only thing i didnt like is the chemicals in it. That PPD stuff can cause some bad reactions and i got scared so i stopped using it. I am considering applying it using foil so that it doesnt stay on my scalp, just the hair. :ohwell:

JazzyDez said:
Hmm thats interesting....I think I just read in another thread that if your hair is more porous it would take things like relaxer and color better (therefore you would leave it on for a shorter period of time)....Healthier hair would me more resistant...now im confused :perplexed

That's what I've been told of different boards too.

Girl I finally gave up! I won't be coloring no more. It ALWAYS rinses out.:(

Back