What does frizzy ends mean?

SleepyJean

My ends were somewhat frizzy after I air dried it, and they still are a little. What does it mean? Don't tell me anything to negative. I'm pretty sensitive, and I will began to worry.

Did you use a leave in? Did you moisturize? Maybe it needs a little extra moisture than the rest of your hair :ohwell:. You can also try dusting the ends just a lilttle, then moisturize and seal with oil (castor oil,jojoba oil) is good. Also a baggy may help with the moisture issue as well, try it for a few days to see. Just baby your ends!!

Hope this helps :grin::grin:

Your ends are the oldest part of your strands. It needs the most love...especially when airdried. When you use heat, i.e. rollersetting under dryer and flat iron, the heat smooths it out and makes it shiny...but the air makes it shrink and kink up. Keep it moisturized and you should be fine. As long as there are no splits...you should be fine.

Actually my ends are frizzy when I airdry also. I don't think it's b/c they need moisturizing. I think it's the airdrying.

I always airdry and mine are rarely frizzy but when they were it was either because they need a little extra conditioner or they needed a trim.

Last edited:
Well, for me when my ends were extremely frizzy and ragged they were highly damaged and overprocessed. This is how you can tell if they are damaged, if you try to straighten them with heat (after a heat protectant of course) they still won't become straight. No amount of heat will make them become straight. That is how you can tell if your hair is fryed!:yep:

I've had issues with frizzy ends in the past. I end up snipping them off cause that of sort thing drives me crazy! Now, when it comes to my ends, I moisturize, moisturize, and moisturize some more! So far, no more frizzy ends.

Did you use a leave in? Did you moisturize? Maybe it needs a little extra moisture than the rest of your hair :ohwell:. You can also try dusting the ends just a lilttle, then moisturize and seal with oil (castor oil,jojoba oil) is good. Also a baggy may help with the moisture issue as well, try it for a few days to see. Just baby your ends!!

Hope this helps :grin::grin:

Thanks everybody! I was so afraid my hair was extremely damaged or something. I did put a little tea tree oil, but next time I think I am going to try something different. Like a little serum on the ends.

Frizzy ends don't automatically mean damaged hair. If you see split ends, then trim because it's damaged. Otherwise, give those ends some more moisture and TLC.

I had to learn this the hard way from a stylist who cut my hair because the ends were frizzy. :ohwell: They weren't damaged, just frizzy. :nono:

For me, frizzy ends = split / very dehydrated ends. This happened when I cut heat completely out AND when I used heat twice per week; it didn't matter. I love freshly cut ends, and my hair is just so much easier to maintain and grow out when my ends are fresh.

Just continue to baby them, and if you're open to a light trim, do it b/c it may help you in the long run, depending on just how frizzy your ends are.

Unless I bun, knot, roll, or braid my hair while it's damp, my ends will be frizzy. Some frizzing is inevitable if I just airdry with my hair down or in a ponytail. The problem might be the way you're airdying. What's your method?

Unless I bun, knot, roll, or braid my hair while it's damp, my ends will be frizzy. Some frizzing is inevitable if I just airdry with my hair down or in a ponytail. The problem might be the way you're airdying. What's your method?

I agree. If you airdry your hair loose, you'll want to add more leave-in and bun, braid or set your ends on self-holding rollers to gives them a smooth appearance.

You can evaluate the health of your ends more effectively on hair that has been rollerset where the ends look smooth. Don't ever cut your hair based on how airdried hair looks. Looks can be deceiving after airdrying. :yep:

Thanks everybody! I was so afraid my hair was extremely damaged or something. I did put a little tea tree oil, but next time I think I am going to try something different. Like a little serum on the ends.

Jojoba or castor oil works really well on ends, too. I work a little into my ends while my hair is damp. :)

Back