what does calcium do for hair?

ANaturalBrotha

I've notice some of my hair supplements i used to take contained calcium and i really never thought about calcium being a key for hair growth. I also seen it in Bargello's regime but she didnt go into depth on what it does for your hair growth she just said its necessary which i already know that. My friends hair is always growing fast and only thing i can really think of diet wise is that when we was in school he drunk like 3 or 4 chocolate milks. That boy loves choco milk. So i was wondering what does calcium have to do with hair growth?

Dang does anyone not take supplements anymore? I mean i used to get responses all the time. Whats up with the lack of responses nowadays?
confused.gif

Most people are online during the weekdays I think. But to answer your question...

I did a little research and found out that Calcium helps stop hair loss. I know that's not much but I hope it helps!
wink.gif

It does sounds like calcium is best for our bones and teeth. It's good to include it though, just not too much. A deficiency in calcium can cause hair loss, among other things so it is important, especially in the form of citrate (which is in that Country Life brand).
Kind of off topic, here is a site where one woman (scroll down towards the middle) lost her hair and grew it back quickly using her list of vitamins and minerals, including calcium. Her rate of growth is 1 1/2 inches per month.

Back