What do you use to smooth your hair cuticle?

• Thread starter Thread starter Stylepink
  • Start date Start date
S

Stylepink

I mentioned to my stylist that even though my hair is healthy and I have no breakage, it feels rough and never smooth like when I come back from the stylist. She stated that its because I need to get the cuticle to "lay down". She's a great hairdresser and always does exactly what I ask of her and she's very respectful of my hair "rules", but she is not quick to give out her "trade secrets" and I understand that. But does anyone know of anything that seals the cuticle for a great sheen on 4A/B hair? I bought some High sheen Glossifier from keracare humecto and I hope that will work. Is there anything else out there?

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anything else out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Silicones.
smile.gif

I haven't been able to keep my hands out of my hair the past couple days cuz my hair is so smooth and silky. I attribute this to my Beyond The Zone Acid Shock (as nasty as it smells, it does work) and my Relax Texture Correcting Serum. My hair doesn't shine much by itself so I smooth a little Hot Six Oil over my hair for shine. That does the trick
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
perfectpeace said:
Apple cider vinegar rinses get the cuticle to lay down.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I do it.

I use kracare's humecto(pH4.5), keracares's leave in conditioner (pH4.5) and occasionally nexxus ensure (pH3).

I also use acidic shampoos, Elast qp shampoo for relaxed hair and creme conditioning shampoo. They both have a pH of 4.5.

Thanks Ladies! I've already switched to the Keracare Shampoos and Conditioners and I've noticed a huge difference in my hair texture! Thanks for the help!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
I haven't been able to keep my hands out of my hair the past couple days cuz my hair is so smooth and silky. I attribute this to my Beyond The Zone Acid Shock (as nasty as it smells, it does work) ...

[/ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
That smells too! My goodness! I so wanted to try it until I read that. With the Split Mender I didn;t know it smelled until I bought it, but now that I know the Acid Shock smells......

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
I haven't been able to keep my hands out of my hair the past couple days cuz my hair is so smooth and silky. I attribute this to my Beyond The Zone Acid Shock (as nasty as it smells, it does work) and my Relax Texture Correcting Serum. My hair doesn't shine much by itself so I smooth a little Hot Six Oil over my hair for shine. That does the trick
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the beyond the zone work even better than acv rinses?

Back