What do you use on your newgrowth before you flatiron?

n_vizion

Hello Ladies.
I was wondering if any of you have any good ideas on what to use to flat iron new growth between relaxers. Usually when I rollerset I have no problem achieving straight hair but the new growth is always a factor. I might try flat ironing from time to time and I was wondering if anyone uses any products that "aid" the straighntening so that I don't have to flat iron the new growth over and over again. Thanks for your help.

I can rollerset my hair up to 13 weeks post relaxer, and I'm 4b. All I do is flat iron the new growth only using Ultra sheen satin creme press. The one in the solid white jar not the see thru one. It works great. It really presses your new growth and keeps it straight, even in humidity.

When I used to press my newgrowth while transitioning...I used sally's knockoff version of biosilk silk therapy. That stuff is good...it gives it that shine like oil would give without it being weighed down.

edited to say I meant biosilk not biolage......

Last edited:
I use NTM serum. Girl, it is the best. Try it. I have used Biosilk Silk Theraphy, Hair oils, Creme, etc. and none have my hair as moisturized as this. Normally at 6 weeks post-relaxer, my new growth will be too dry to mess with. Currently, I am almost 6 weeks post-relaxer, and I can still wrap my hair with little breakage, or shedding. I can even come through my newgrowth. (when I say little, there are like 3-5 strands!!!!) And, my hair still swings. Girl, it is wonderful.

I used to use wildgrowth oil, which was great but my scalp for some reason doesn't like any type of oil on it. It itches like i got the cooties, after 2 days. I use UBH dew spray on my newgrowth and then NTM serum on my hair. I am 12 weeks post and you can barely tell where my newgrowth begins. how? well the key is to blowdry your roots. don't blow your hair, if you don't want to, because u can flat-iron later when it's dry. but hold your roots taught and blowdry and my roots are wavy and soft, not napped up and hard. i love it cause my hair still has body after 12 weeks. but i'm getting a touchup next week though...enough is enough!! ;-)

Back