What do you use for your twists?

sweetascocoa

naturals and of course relaxed ladies can chime in. what product do you apply on your hair before twisting. i want to do a twist out. i have fantasia IC, ORS lock and twist gel and every product imginable. so there's a chance i have whatever you suggest. im just not sure which one to use?

Both of the products you mentioned can be used. I have also had success with Let's Jam! and Fantasia IC Thick 'N Shine, all used on wet or damp hair for best results.

I don't remember what I used with my twists, but I did spray my twists with rosewater/glycerin or scurl afterwards.

balisi said:
I have also had success with Let's Jam! and Fantasia IC Thick 'N Shine, all used on wet or damp hair for best results.

I sometimes use Let's Jam on my braidouts but mainly on damp hair that has lots of NTM leave in. I also use some curl activator (scurl, right on curls, etc.)

I use a mixture of shea butter and aloe vera gel or flaxseed gel. When I use either of these my twist last longer and my scalp doesn't itch as much. I also spray my hair everyday with a spritz.

i twist on damp hair with wild growth hair oil and hollywood castor grease and let it dry overnight . if it flattens in the morning when i removed my dorag or satin bonnet i spray with Gueye s braid spray and Organic Root stimulator's nature's shine for more shine than sheen:p both sprays pump my twists back to life cause they always flatten when i sleep:p :D

Barry Fletcher twist like this and their anti frizz spray. Those are the only products I use to twist my hair. I highly recommend for twists.

ThickHair said:
Twist wet hair no product.

i m sorry i m OT but omg:eek: ThickHair i m looking at your siggy did Nigel Barker really say dat about Furonda :lachen: that s soooooooooooooooooo mean no he did not!!!!!!" Furonda phone home" i just understood the ET allusion i m so slow:lol:

i usually twist on damp hair. i use giovanni leave in first because it detangles likes no ones business, and then i twist with a heavy butter pomade, i like the qhemets amla oil heavy cream or ashas naturals mane attraction. i tried shea butter but i hated it!. twisting damp gives me more shrinkage, but if i don't want as much shrinkage, i'll twist on blow dried stretched hair using a heavy butter pomade, both methods makes my hair really soft!

I am not into gels at all. I will use oyin whipped pudding, or asha's, or occasionally ors twist/loc gel mixed w/ shea butter. Asha's does really well as far as definition,but it's really hard to wash totally out imho. I like the whipped pudding. It's a soft hold, smells really good, and washes out easy. The photo in the corner was an old twist out that I made into a wash and go, and pulled it into a puff. Good luck to you. I just had to experment to see what I and my hair liked best

jasmine26 said:
i usually twist on damp hair. i use giovanni leave in first because it detangles likes no ones business, and then i twist with a heavy butter pomade, i like the qhemets amla oil heavy cream or ashas naturals mane attraction. i tried shea butter but i hated it!. twisting damp gives me more shrinkage, but if i don't want as much shrinkage, i'll twist on blow dried stretched hair using a heavy butter pomade, both methods makes my hair really soft!

OFF TOPIC: Girl you have got some really pretty hair!

ekomba said:
i twist on damp hair with wild growth hair oil and hollywood castor grease and let it dry overnight . if it flattens in the morning when i removed my dorag or satin bonnet i spray with Gueye s braid spray and Organic Root stimulator's nature's shine for more shine than sheen:p both sprays pump my twists back to life cause they always flatten when i sleep:p :D
Found a place online that sells the gueye braid spray, which is a wonderful product.
www.allurebeautysupply.com

I twist my hair using Fantasia IC Gel w/Sparklelites I've gotten complitments on my twists using that stuff but I have to admit the shrinkage is off the hook when I twist on wet hair....I recently starting adding a mixture of mango butter & coconut oil to the gel when I do my twists.....verrrry nice!! ;)

I've used the following for twists:

Just plain WATER with no other products (the best)

Blue Magic Coconut Oil Grease (2nd best)

Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream (okay)

Profectiv MegaGrowth (okay)

Citre Shine Gel (do not like gel for twists)

My friend just twisted my hair with Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. My hair is SO shiny, I wish y'all could see it. She also twirled the ends of the twist around her finger to form a spiral curl. It held really well with the hair butter.

Poohbear said:
I've used the following for twists:

Just plain WATER with no other products (the best)

Blue Magic Coconut Oil Grease (2nd best)

Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream (okay)

Profectiv MegaGrowth (okay)

Citre Shine Gel (do not like gel for twists)

at what stores can i buy the blue magic coconut oil grease at??
and does it has mineral oil or petrolatum in it?? thanks in advance!!!

naturallyme said:
at what stores can i buy the blue magic coconut oil grease at??
and does it has mineral oil or petrolatum in it?? thanks in advance!!!

It can be found at walmart,fred's,dollar general etc.
It does have Petrolatum

Back